or Connect

Posts by TheNeedMachine

Thanks for the tip!  
 I'm headed to Madison in January as well.  But I'll be there earlier, and will have Hoovered all the east side thrifts prior to your arrival.  Actually, probably won't have much time to thrift - family thing going on.  Might hit the GW at best.   Grabbed a Bauer Skyliner down jacket, still have my parka from when I lived in Chicago...plenty of sweaters, scarves, gloves, long underwear, hats etc.  I think I need some decent insulated boots tho.   Maybe the Wisco weather...
 Welcome! Good pass on the stained BBGF, in my opinion...unless it was on the cheap and you think you could have removed the stain.  Otherwise, plenty more out there that won't require buying / trying to clean / possibly returning.
Two things then I'll leave you alone:    One: Tried to return a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suit jacket (hoped to find pants, but nope), purchased from a "good" Marshall's, but returning to a regular Marshall's....since it was over $100, manager had to approve, but he would not, because "it had been altered" - the BB tailor's thread was still on the sleeve cuffs and shoulders, so to him that meant the buttons had been removed and it was all messed up.  After 15...
 You may thrift here unfettered:  
 I do it right after shipping, but I know others wait to make sure there won't be a return.
 I would talk to him first, letting him know you do not intend to pay an extra 6%, or anything extra.  If he balks, I'd report him to eBay.  UNLESS what you bought is something you really want, are willing to pay the extra $, don't mind being extorted, and believe you'll actually receive the item purchased (from a seller who is trying to extort you to begin with).  Best of luck.
Allen Edmonds cedar full toe shoe trees, size XXL 2XL fits 13-18, new w/out box 29d 22h left $21.00 Free Shipping   Brooks Brothers wool black watch type plaid / tartan blazer, size 39R, excellent 29d 22h left $59.00 Free Shipping   Mackintosh Dunkeld bonded cotton rain trench coat, handmade in Scotland, Medium 29d 22h left $224.00 Free Shipping    Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece charcoal gray trousers 100% flannel wool...
  New $795 Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Thom Browne sweater BB3 LG wool cashmere $245.00   New $795 Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Thom Browne sweater BB4 XL wool cashmere $245.00   Agnes B. Homme men's 3/4-length cotton/nylon blend peacoat, US size 44/Large $47.00   Brioni tonal gray plaid casual shirt, 100% cotton, size Large, made in Italy $31.00   Filson dark...