or Connect

Posts by TheNeedMachine

That blows.  I lived in East Lakeview for several years (451 W. Melrose, top floor apartment - best place apartment-wise, and best neighborhood, I've ever lived in).  I moved there after living in Bucktown and had to flee when it started to gentrify and MTV moved in.   I feel the same way about vintage Las Vegas...it's like I'm sentimental for a time and place that I never experienced the first time around, and it bums me out each time an old-school joint closes and gets...
 ...or go back to old ways.  I used to flip Oriental rugs, vintage stereo gear, vinyl, a vintage Japanese motorcycle here and there - through craigslist.  
 Agreed.  And not all that difficult once you get over the hump of making all the noob poor decisions (I remember bragging here early on about the Jos A Bank suit I picked up - wasn't even a Mexican Zegna - heh).   I lack that motivation.  My personal view is: once I've cleared enough in a month, after all expenses/fees etc, to pay the house and car payment, I slow down or even stop until the next month.  Day job covers the rest, throw as much as I can into my work 401k,...
I need to mosey by your shop and see what you've been selling...if i could get consistent numbers like that I'd consider quitting my day job.
 100% of packages should be scanned, no matter how big / small the post office or how many pile up.  I'd make a bigger noise, if it were me.  Call the Postmaster.On the other hand, those ratings on eBay are fluid and not updated in real time - they do fluctuate.
      A white wall.  Beige is OK too - the newer eBay photo editing tools for brightness and contrast will tweak away a lot of shadows etc.  But unless you want to fiddle with camera settings or do some PhotoShop processing, a white wall sucks for photographing light-colored items, and for that, yes, a darker backdrop would be nice.  I tried muslin fabric - didn't like it personally - the least bit of a wrinkle always showed up.  Tried vinyl - for that you need a frame to...
 Thank you sir for the thorough tip-sheet!  Like you said, I gotta learn the ropes - jump in and do it, see what works and what doesn't.  Same as I did (and am still learning) with CM, and branching into SW&D.   Heh.  My GW cashier accidentally rang me up for 50% off today (just some Viyella and BB shirts) - she realized the mistake, then shrugged and bagged it up.    I wouldn't go sneaking around in the middle of the night, but yeah hopefully the developer will give you...

Loooong day today.  15 hours, about 225 miles, several stores, half tank of gas (but found premium for $2.75 a gallon so I filled the tank, then lined my trunk with plastic and filled it up with another 50 gallons....OK that last part might be a lie).   Came home with:   [[SPOILER]]
 One store I went to today had all their winter stuff out, finally.  Shit tons of it - I mean - many hundreds of pieces of Patagonia, North Face, EMS, REI, Erewhon, Mountain Hardwear, etc. They save it up all year and put it all out in Nov.  And I was like "goddammit, I wish I could channel Fueco's knowledge on this stuff so I knew what to cop", since most was priced $20, $30, $40, with some outliers priced higher.  I grab the obvious stuff if the price is right -...