or Connect

Posts by LM16

Need?  Probably not.  But they are oh so nice.  Buy nice, not twice as I like to say when it comes to gym equipment.  I've bent a lot of bars though at commercial gyms so I finally started forking money over to get some decent ones.
Eating for aesthetics is about 90% of success in looking good nekid.  When I say eat for aesthetics, I'm not saying you need to pack on the calories and the size, I'm saying eat for your actual goal.  If you want to get lean - then eat in a manner that will have you going for your goal.  Want to put on muscle?   Eat in a manner that will have you going for your goal.  Most of the time it isn't the program that is the problem with people seeing goals, it's their nutrition.
  Plate loading handles/collars Get the adjustable bench Bands/Chains Bars - get a texas power bar for bench/squatting and get an elieko or okie for deadlifting (these are expensive but amazing).  I've also got a safety squat bar and a giant cambered bar that I use for squatting and good mornings. Get a full rack, if you can get one with 2" holes instead of the standard 3".  You'll find you the extra ajdustability is great Unless you're really intent on the olympic lifts...
Well get back at it!  Might as well stop the damage from continuing and get back striving towards your physical goals.
That is correct.  I try to make my prices competitive and more affordable since the economy has simply sucked and everyone has been hit.  If I can improve someones life while making a little bit of money I'm happy, I get a lot of value out of simply seeing success and results and have never felt someone should charge something ridiculous like $1500-$2000/12 weeks for some online services (those are more in line with my in-person training rates.     It is both training and...
I have been employed in the past though at the bequest of my lady/family I went back into contract work as a Business Intelligence Developer due to the lesser travel and more money.  I do co-operate a powerlifting gym and oversee trainer development as well as continue to coach high caliber athletes.  So it's a bit of both.  My regular job is 7-4, I coach from 4:30-7:30 or so, and then I get my training in after and on various weekends I put on various...
Strength as defined by "average person".  You see someone that actually looks strong and they usually are at least strong by traditional standards.  They may not be super strong at bench/squat/deadlift if they've never done it but if I see someone that is just "cock-diesel farm-boy strong" chances are they probably have some decent strength.  Strength is in the eye of the beholder.  For instance, what many here would consider strong, I would consider a warm-up, so that's...
Lift for strength, eat for aesthetics.  All those goals are most definitely reachable.  I deadlift maybe once every 16 weeks, yet am getting close to a 600 lb deadlift.  In sports - strength is paramount to running faster, throwing harder, and very rarely do you see someone that "looks strong" being weak.   Say what you do on a specific day doesn't really help though since obviously there is so much more that goes into a program.  Your load, intensity, and ability to...
I'm lucky that I train with a team so we talk quite a bit.  If I have to go to my commercial gym for some quick training I put a hoodie on with the hood up, ear buds in, and just do my best to avoid making eye contact.
I just take a bit of a unique approach to training and staying injury free.  I coach very top tier high school and collegiate athletes with tremendous training volumes and injury prevention is one of my major things I have to worry about in regards to them.  It's compounded with the high school athletes in that I can preach about nutrition all day every day and they'll simply ignore it or eat what their parents give them so they tend to not ever fully recover.  Half my...