or Connect

Posts by billbro

Sorry been pre-occupied with a few personal matters and work since returning from Hong Kong. I'll post a review and my thoughts once I get a chance in the next week or so - I received my two trial shirts a few days ago from Moda Republic. The shirts weren't perfect, but it is fairly safe to say I'll be looking to move my shirting from Lee Baron to Moda - though in small orders until the fit is perfected. At a high level without writing out a full review/posting...
Went for my second visit to Moda Republic and had a quick chat with Chris, fairly impressed with my first fitting as well. Moda Republic seemed to have the fit down reasonably well for an initial cut, which Chris warned me would be a bit loose anyway so that they could adjust it.    In contrast I went to pick up my half a dozen shirts from Lee Baron on what is probably my 4th or 5th order from them and they still managed to mess up my french cuff shirt sleeve length and...
I thought I would make a quick post on here, given I'm back in Hong Kong briefly.   Went back to Peter Lee with my suit from six months ago, which I wasn't quite happy with. He was more than willing to fix it up, though I might elicit some advice from here depending on the outcome - as I don't have another keen eye with me this time.   I also dropped by ModaRepublic briefly, though neither Chris or Alex were around so I'll try and pop by for another visit. I'll try and...
So it seems like I need to lurk on this thread and forum more often... given all the people copping CPs!   Just came back from a trip to Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan and walked past Sneakerboy in Westfield. I've been trying to keep an eye out for a discounted pair of Buttero's or CP's, 50% off would have definitely tipped the scales! I was hoping to be a new convert, but looks like all the Achilles are sold out at Sneakerboy and Harrolds.   At least I managed to pick...
 Business must be booming, I spent around $11,000 at Lee Baron around a week ago for a VBC 110 suit and a dozen or so shirts. Admittedly not the worst price in the world, but bearing in mind most of the shirts were using house fabrics and only three had non-fused collars. However, Peter was asking for $5,300 for a half canvas VBC 110 and from memory I paid $3,900 two years ago! I might have to give Dream Bespoke a try next time around depending on how happy I am with what...
  Picked up the Tobias in navy and the Xavier earlier.   Is the Xavier actually green though? It looks grey in the photos and that is what I would prefer.
IMO, the price of the PRL cable knit cashmeres are pretty reasonable at $200 after 60% off. Particularly, as I was considering some Everlane cashmeres and they are $120 USD before proxy.I picked up a red and a black in small as soon as the sale started. The stuff isn't amazing, but I think it's good for the price. However, I also picked up two RLBL cashmeres - these are obviously nicer than the PRL but also cost more. They are just cut slimmer and it's a softer/thinner...
  I'd be interested as well, was just considering picking up some items from SS - good thing I decided to browse SF first.   Might still cop this http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-navy-plain-sienna-p3467/P3467,en,pd.html?vpid=P346701 to try it out. Sounds like the Napoli is an interesting fit for most people, so might avoid that for now.
  Agreed, if I like it then it doesn't really matter if there is a better line.     However, to establish whether it is a fair price understanding the pecking order does help - given I paid the same price for both though the manufacturing for one is in a country with arguably lower quality and cost.   The first question is a bit silly, but I had read a couple of times that RLBL was only made in Italy. I also asked the the sales person whether the premium for the black...
I've gone through the thread and Google and couldn't quite find the answer.   I was wondering whether Black Label Denim is manufactured in Italy or China? According to the label it is the latter.   I actually went from 0 cashmere sweaters to 4 today (2 PRL, 1 RLBLD, 1 RLBL). I am slightly disappointed, as I didn't realise one of the Black Label sweaters was from the denim line. As far as look and feel are concerned they both seem the same, the pricing was also...