or Connect

Posts by billbro

Hi guys,   Figured I would ask for some advice, before going through the hassle of buying and returning more SuSu suits - I can't try them on at a store either, as nothing has opened up in Australia yet.   So, I've been wearing Napoli's for 2-3 years now and they fit me almost perfectly - Size 44, if I'm picky I would take the sleeves up 0.5 inches.   My only issue is I have so many Napoli's in my rotation, I'm looking for something different to change things up....
I heard they were opening here when I spoke to the sales assistant at Brent Wilson, but I haven't found any news of this? Just put through a few more orders... I'm just hoping the Havana will fit, though I'll have to return one (size 46 sleeves will be too long or size 23, waist will be too loose - though the latter is likely a less costly alteration compared to taking up the sleeves at the shoulder).
 Just saw this myself and dropped an order on the Havana separates - wonder if this is a permanent fixture? I'm waiting for a new credit card to come through, but tempted to buy it all now in the event it goes back to USD pricing! Maybe, I'll just order everything and refund it - not sure if it is worth the hassle, but I wouldn't mind 75k QF points either.  SuSu suits in Napoli fit me better than MJB, but I've found both to be similar - SuSu is snugger, which I prefer...
 Thanks for that, I didn't manage to get any details (not that he was obliged to disclose) - though an indicative re-opening date would have been nice.
 Thanks for the comprehensive reply, will have to keep that post as reference somewhere - I think I'm across most of the points already, thankfully. The only bad thing I do with my suits, is that I just tend to throw them onto a chair when I'm home instead of hanging them properly! I think my biggest issue might just be fit, most of my suits are tapered fairly aggressively, in both the jacket and trousers. Obviously, this doesn't help with wear, but it's just how I like...
Thanks for the links.I always thought fabric was the biggest factor with wear around the fork. However, when I was chatting to Nick from SuitShop he was telling me that fit is probably more important - I was only really after VBC 110, but he told me due to the weave that he actually preferred a 130 cloth he had. I would have assumed that the latter would be less durable, but then I'm not particular across the durability of different weave types.Normally each suit is only...
 I have disproportionately sized quads (aka fat), so the fabric wore out - I probably should have gotten bigger silk saddles put in, but that probably would have only slowed down the process marginally. One pair of trousers has already been repaired before, the other pair could still be used if I took it to a tailor - but based on the last pair, that would be like a $75+ job that would only add a few more months of life. Both suits were VBC 110 fabrics, one was a purple...
Just had two suitsupply suits break on me, unfortunately they didn't last as long as I expected for suits that I wear once a week :( If only they sold pant separates (apart from the 3 suits in the new season), I could salvage both jackets.   It seems like I'll have to venture down the MTM path, as you guys say, 'fit is king' and it's proving to be the case in terms of longevity of my trousers (my Lee Baron suits are still kicking).   Any recent reports on Herman Bros?...
So, I finally ended up purchasing my first pair of "proper" shoes in the form of a pair of Loakes from Pediwear.   Unfortunately, they seem a size too small (the UK6 seems to have come out as a EU39 instead of 40), perils of purchasing onine as a newbie. Hopefully, my next pair will end up being the right size and fit!
Sorry guys, another silly question from me but I was wondering what the consensus on Church's was? Particularly, as there are rather conflicting views about the brand post-Prada acquisition of them.   Lots of shoe questions, but the more I read and research, the harder it is to narrow down my choices. I'll probably end up full circle back on Herring shoes, but I'd rather be well informed before committing some sizeable cash towards my next purchase.