or Connect

Posts by proximal

Hey, me too.  Maybe one of the production machines was acting up.  As long as it's fine structurally (is it?) I'm fine with it.     I also have some indentations on the left boot, but might just be from shipping.  
On the inside edge?  They're seconds and that part isn't noticeable when worn.  It seems narrower on the outside edge where it tapers.
I got my Brooks Brothers Neumok seconds today.  I ordered them in the same size as my Strands but they seem a lot narrower in the toe box.  Is there something about the unlined design of the Neumok that makes it fit differently even though both are on the 5-65 last??  Or is the BB version on a different last?  You can kind of see the difference here along the outside edge in the toe area.   Is the unlined suede material of the Neumok more prone to stretching to...
Wonder no more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPuMzza9hk
Classic Collection PTB     I ordered these at the beginning of February and received today.  First impressions are good.  There are a couple minor issues (tiny nick in the leather at the top of one shoe and the ends of the welt could have been joined more smoothly) that aren't worth sending them back for.  The website ( http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2341 ) says they have switched suppliers for the leather on this model but I'm not sure if this is the...
Yeah, I ordered fro the Classic line on Feb 4 with the order "initiated" on Feb 7.  That's it so far.  Based on reading through this thread, I'll give it 2 months before I even bother contacting them.
Don't see these on the website yet, but my local store had them on the front table.  Sales guy said they just came in.       (shoe on the right is a Neumok)   Looks like a suede McAllister with a red Vibram sole.  They feel a bit more sturdy (ie not "unstructured", and it's apparent in the photo above) than a Neumok and they are lined.  I don't remember the exact model name but it's something like Pidaggio.  I like them quite a bit and the $260 MSRP isn't too bad. ...
Good news, there is now a 2 door version of the Countryman, for people who wanted a MINI that was bigger, but less practical.   Uh, at least it looks good?  I'll stick with my Clubman S, thanks.  
Hi Friends, I bought my first pair of Aldens (brand new 405s) the day after Christmas.  Love them, but noticed a couple issues.   Thread is coming undone on the corner of the right boot.      On the left boot, the stitching on the welt is starting to fray.  It looks like the welt was trimmed very close to the thread, exposing the thread to more wear.         Here you can see a comparison between left and right to see the...