Posts by carpu65

All is subjective. I like be anachronistic,and i like wear as my father and my grandfather,because they were very elegants and their suits timeless.
Is only a ugly costume,not a real suit.
Liverano double breasted:  
Correct,Gioacchino Pirri that was a great master tailor was very British in his style.He had some loyal  UK customers too in 50s and 60s and used only the best british fabrics.P.S.My trousers have all forward pleats "all'Inglese"; in Italy is unusual,but in Sicilian tailoring,are frequent.
 Very elegant,good taste.Smart suits, P.S.Which suit is more comfortable to wear?
I think that sinply the suits of the dream sequence in the last Narnia movie are good costumes that reproduce the average style of "main streets" American ready to wear of 40s.The suits are boxy,very draped  and with heavy shoulders paddings.Is the "bold look" as it was called by "Esquire Magazine in 1948.I think that is due to this look that the double breasted was discredited for years in the United States.   These suits are not very flattering on young bodies Indeed not...

No,is the cut.In this case is  appropiate for young peoples of 1940s.Said this,those would have been ugly suits also in 40s (probably from a cheap tailor or ready to wear).Today a DB in a more slender and clever cut is right for a young man. 
In this case ARE their grandpapas.The movie is set in 40s.