or Connect

Posts by edmi

also, don't discount the New Standard. If you decide that heavy taper isn't for you, the NS is def still a flattering slim-ish tapered jean. For which ever model you chose, you're measured waist -3 will be your best bet. Snug but just buttonable when first tried is good - they'll ease and stretch in the right places over 10-30 wears to a nice comfortable place.
good luck - go with your gut feeling. Every brand is different, and where we all have our lumps and bumps contributes to how we like to wear our jeans. APC's have never been accused of being 'baggy' cuts, so even if it stretches out a little more than you might have preferred, it will still look great. I've seen oversized APC's on guys look fantastic - this myth that you HAVE to have ball bustingly tight fits in APC to look good is just that - a myth. They're pretty...
I reckon they'll be spot on for you :) Hope they work out just right. Also, the size 29 PNS come with between a 33' and 32.5' inseam on my two pairs, which - unless you like massive stacks - is convenient news for guys in our height range as no visit to the tailor needed. 
agreed - and APC still work well however you want to size them - tight, slim or loose just by going up or down a size. Many brand's jeans don't give you that range and still look good / flattering. Key is finding a fit suitable for your own build as you suggest. 
I measure 32" in true, measured waist and 29" PNS fits great - I'm average / athletic build - 5'10", 73kg.  I tried a 28 PNS but it was painted on, and have an older 30 PNS that fits nice and loose off my hips. If you're slim and have slim thighs / ass, chose a 29 in PS as it's cut for skinnier builds in the top block. Both have taper, PNS more so. In short - if you're slim/skinny, take the PS - if you're average/athletic, get the PNS - both in 29. If you have thicker...
Pleasure mate. Oddly, I don't find that much useful info on APC fits online - sure, forums full of an insane amount of opinion, often driven by or in reaction to internet hype - but very little motivated by a desire to actually help someone online figure out whether one APC model or size is better for them or not.
you'd be surprised how much difference it does make. If you wear close tolerance / fitted clothing, you'll know a cm here and there in the right places can make or break a fit. I think this is where APC show their experience as designers and pattern makers - and not least over 25 years making jeans. They know that the smallest of pattern changes here and there can improve a fit without resorting to a new model or a dramatic re-cut - and in doing so preserve the...
For a good fit in APC, I'd def pay attention to the leg and top block fit as much as the waist alone. If in doubt go one size up as kentpope says - sausage thighs, male camel-toe, over-tight waistbands and those horizontal pull creases on the fly are a good indicator that you sized down one time too many. Been there, done that myself. Sure I can fit into 28 NS/PNS, but they're really too tight and never stretch as much as you would imagine if you believed everything that...
Agreed. 
 PNS is a great cut for medium / slim-athletic builds, and long overdue due to slightly more space in the thighs and higher back rise. PS works better for guys with a skinnier ass / thighs - too tight / low rise for me. PNS is better for those who like the NS but prefer a narrower leg opening - it is slightly narrower than the PS. Check the Denim section on the APC site ( www.apc.fr ) for very accurate measurements. Also, it's not been publicised at all, but APC have IMO...