or Connect

Posts by why

God han decreed it be so.Myself = my self. Normative uses since prescriptive grammar was the cool thing to do have tried to force it to be reflexive and reflexive alone, but it's really not. For one thing, I doubt few people would see faults with I can't get them to help me, so it'll have to be done myself even though 'myself' is, strictly speaking, not used reflexively since it doesn't refer to another pronoun in the same clause. It's actually used intensively here, in...
How many hours per week do you spend in a coffee shop?
The 'Three Little Girls' performance in Topsy Turvy is still the best I've ever seen (not that I see The Mikado that often, but whatever). I've watched it probably at least monthly since I first saw the movie (decent overall with bright spots) four or five years ago.
Hey, I realize it's pretty pedantic, but it's also very illustrative. I'm not going to somehow prove that indesertum has a pretty shallow pool of experience with synthesized beats (nor would I care much even if he did), but at least I hopefully got him to check out other things. It also got me to confirm that yes, I truly do think Kanye West sucks, especially now after I realize how much crap I've been subjected to in the past decade is attributable to him, even if in...
Thanks, I'm familiar with countable nouns. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with things beyond middle school English and you'll actually understand what I was talking about. In the case of the 808, I've never heard it called anything other than 'the 808'. Some people might have 'an 808'. I've never heard anyone say '808s' unless they're referring to the Kanye West album. I've also never heard anyone say 'Linndrums' or use any other equally-silly phrase. Someone...
You don't know because they're not '808s'. It's the fucking 808. It's always been 'the 808'. (.e.g. 'I made this song on an 808' or 'the 808' not 'I used 808s'). And it's a qualification for demonstrating a base level of knowledge and that you've listened to other music produced on them and the other famous synth drum machines and comparing them to the trash that Kanye's record company production team makes.And I do listen to hip hop, just not the fucking Two Chains and...
Instead of reciting an opinion I can get from any 20-something know-nothing white boy or any of their blogs.Serious question you need to ask yourself: do you even know what an 808 is? If not, please refrain from commenting (or feigning knowledge to win some Internet argument).Anyway, Kanye does the kind of music that I often hear in shopping centers or Tinder date bars and, in the back of my mind, think 'this sucks. Who writes this? Who listens to this?'. I eventually...
Kanye sucks. Trying to say he's anything but a total dumbass and a shitty popstar is ridiculous. 'Influential', maybe, but not in a good way. The old (real) 808, Linndrum, and synthesizer stuff is so much better than whatever crap he makes. Has there been any relevant hip hop made in the past decade that isn't just a bunch of dumbasses like Kanye talking over shitty 'beats'? When you listen to his 'music', what do you do? It's not danceable, it has no decent lyrics,...
(You knew it was coming.)
It's not that cookie-cutter, and I think you're seeing it from the viewpoint of a non-technical field and with a lack of information. This isn't a new email client. This is like vacuum tubes vs. transistors. They already know the benefits. I'm not the guy who's forcing them to change, I'm just the guy who's implementing the changes. I couldn't give a shit one way or another if they use the changes or not. If after I'm gone they decide to pull all the vacuum tubes out...