or Connect

Posts by Lord Mulberry

It's all personal opinion so go with what you feel. I can't really tell what colour the suit is but if it's black or charcoal I'd go for black shoes. If you want to wear that shirt, maybe a dark blue tie with a small white pattern. I quite like the idea of burgundy shoes though, maybe with a purple tie and preferably a white shirt with a purple/pinkish pattern. Sometimes you just have to spend ages just testing stuff out.
Personally I wouldn't look at the blazer in isolation, I'd look at what you are going to pair it with and the overall cut of the garment. I once wore a navy blazer with white buttons to match the white chinos I wore, maybe with a pale blue shirt and desert boots or oxblood shoes and I'd often stuff a blue pocket square with white polka dots in the pocket. I realise this might not be everyone's cup of tea but it suited me.
Half-way house, I can't really tell from the picture. I have some chisels around one Inch and some around two inch. Maybe square starts at three inch I don't know. Still, what does it matter just so long as you like them?
Trousers are too long IMO, I don't like any roll around the bottom when stood up. If you're going to wear short sleeves to show off your cuffs make sure the length of the jacket is short too, yours looks a little too long. Hvae it shortened by 2 inches.
If it's done for warmth, I'd much prefer a waistcoat or a jumper
I'd say, wear what you want. Personally, I don't do fashion, I do clothes. I don't want to be like the majority of other people - why fit in when you can stand out?   The only thing I would say is that there are around three choices when putting together an outfit:   Colour: Should Compliment   Cut of garment in relation to what other piece of clothing you are wearing. Try not to mix styles and periods of clothing.   Texture. Try to avoid mixing course...
At work but:   Black and white small pattern gingham shirt with button-down collar.   Navy Sta Prest with frog mouth pockets.   Black oxford shoes with toe cap.   Black leather belt with iron roller buckle.
It's a good question. What is meant by the term "grown up" in relation to clothes? I still see men in their 70s wearing jeans and T shirts and it suits them. Personally I wear less jeans and more trousers these days because I think they suit me better. If I could get away with wearing jeans I'd probably wear them more often. Image is everything.
It depends. I wear and olive or gold suit with a gold tie, maybe with a white or pale yellow shirt. Skin tone, hair and eye colour also play a part
I think he means spearpoint collars. Adam of London has some (Adam Shener)