or Connect

Posts by mechanical13

Sorry, I didn't see his response when I posted it.  There seem to be restrictions on how often I could post since I was am a newbie - didn't realize my earlier posts were visible when I submitted the earlier one.   Thanks a lot for all your insights guys, I really appreciate it!
Thanks Guys!  I now have a better idea of what I should be considering when I walk into the BB store later this week.
Aren't the 346 line supposed to be cheaper and of lower quality (non canvassed)?  I've never seen a 346 suit...just going by what I've read online.
Aren't the 346 line supposed to be cheaper and of lower quality (non canvassed)?  I've never seen a 346 suit...just going by what I've read online.
Have never bought BB before, so I am going by what I've heard is acceptable in B-school circles.   Which other brand would you recommend?  Want to buy something that I can use for a couple of years and not have to worry about.
  Does BB have double vented jackets in their OTR collection?  Are double vented jackets common among big three type consultants ..?   I have a few double vented jackets and feel they fit great.  Since I'm investing in a jacket primarily for B-school, want to make sure it fits the need and that double vented are no taboo wear while interviewing.
Thanks jrd, I appreciate it.   Regarding single vents and double vents -- which is the more traditional from a US workplace perspective?  I have suits of both types, and haven't really given it much thought until now. I do feel the double vents are more convenient.    I gather that BB is considered more traditional/conservative, and they're a "can't go wrong" brand for careers in consulting/finance.   Is the single-vent the way to go ? It would be great if...
Guys,   I'm planning to buy a BB suit later this week (taking advantage of BB's 30% off for corporate customers this Wednesday).   Going to B-school soon, and buying these suits specially for recruiting events with big-3 type consulting firms.    Need some guidance on whether it makes a big difference if I go with their off-the-rack suits or if I should go for MTM. Are the MTM suits significantly better than the OTR ones?  Are they worth the extra $$? (does...