or Connect

Posts by gooter

Perhaps not the right place to ask this, but has anyone shipped a pair of shoes/boots across the Canadian/US border? Issues I should know about?   I remember once I shipped a watch strap and it was a huge amount of paperwork because it was leather.    Edit: oh, and happy Monday 
Thinking about picking up a pair of the Long Branch boots. Any input on the dark brown vs the golden cxl? I've not had a chance to see either in person.    Secondly, I would assume the sizing is the same as the Dalton, can anyone confirm?
Last question (hopefully) on these re: fit.    This is where the ball of my foot sits. The large bone at the joint is what I am touching. Is this where it should be?  
I had considered that but I think they would be too short. The ball of my foot is at the right spot in the 10B, so I'm worried going down length would be problematic. Not that it matters, but my foot length measures as 11 on the brannock with a heel to ball of 10.5, so long toes I guess.I tried on an friends 10D Strand and they were much too wide, so I went with the 10B. I guess i underestimated how much narrower going down 2 widths would be. Live and learn!If anyone wants...
 Were yours a special order?
These guys showed up today, sadly they are too narrow. These are a 10B. Not sure whether to go with a C or D width. Any input based solely on the appearance of the lacing?    The colour is amazingly different depending on the light. Goes from light blue to nearly black.           
I have a VERY stupid question:    General advice seems to be that the widest part of the foot align with the widest part of the shoe. Does anyone have a diagram/picture or something to illustrate exactly where things should line up (generally)?   I know its not a perfect science, I was just wondering how other's feet align inside their shoes. I find that because I have long toes it is difficult for me to figure out where the "big toe joint" should line up in the shoe. 
   Just to add one other piece of (likely unhelpful) information. I got to try on a 10.5C McGregor and they seemed very large. The ball of my foot seemed a bit farther back than should be, and they were hugely too wide. I know the McGregor fit a bit larger than others on the 5, so maybe its just an anomaly. 
Hi all, I'm just looking for a bit of input if possible.   I have a pair of Cornwallis in 10.5B that fit great. I want to get something from the 5 last, and am wondering how it compares to the 1943?    I can say that I tried a pair of a friend's Strands and McAllisters in 10D and the length was good, the ball of my foot is in the right spot, but they are too wide. I can easily fit 2 fingers to the side of my heel when the shoe is laced. Not an exact measurement...
What are the differences, if any, between the "classic" Jort and the "contemporary" Jort?   I tried searching the thread but couldn't find the answer, so apologies as I'm sure its covered somewhere.