or Connect

Posts by gooter

Does anyone have any real life pictures of the "grey leather" that the Saukville boot uses? Doesn't have to be the actual boot, but I'm wondering what the grey looks like generally. Its hard to tell from their professional photos. I
I see some recent discussion about the Saukville boots. I've never seen them before today on the AE site. I see they have a grey leather version, which is very similar to the Long Branch in grey. Is this a replacement of that boot but with a softer sole?
I very recently got these and worn about 6 times so far. The way the creasing is forming so close to the broguing is kind of perplexing. Any thoughts?
I have narrow feet (B-ish), but also a low instep. I run into problems because if I go narrow enough to get decent snugness across the top of the arch, the toe area is too narrow and my pinky toe pays the price. Alternatively, if I stay wide enough for the toes, its too loose elsewhere. This varies between lasts, but it seems pretty universal in what I've tried so far. Any suggestions? I can use tongue pads which helps a bit, just looking for other opinions. 
Perhaps not the right place to ask this, but has anyone shipped a pair of shoes/boots across the Canadian/US border? Issues I should know about?   I remember once I shipped a watch strap and it was a huge amount of paperwork because it was leather.    Edit: oh, and happy Monday 
Thinking about picking up a pair of the Long Branch boots. Any input on the dark brown vs the golden cxl? I've not had a chance to see either in person.    Secondly, I would assume the sizing is the same as the Dalton, can anyone confirm?
Last question (hopefully) on these re: fit.    This is where the ball of my foot sits. The large bone at the joint is what I am touching. Is this where it should be?