or Connect

Posts by thekosmicdesign

I met up with Jason about a month ago for measurements and just received my suit. Please critique the fit. I apologize for the poor lighting and the fact that the suit isn't pressed yet.   Overall I'm very pleased with the pants. I've never had a pair fit so well. In the pics it's a bit difficult to make out where the pants break but to my eyes they look good. I'm not 100% sure on what adjustments need to be made on the jacket. I'll visit a tailor soon but would...
I picked up my first pair of quality dress shoes last week. These are great!  
I'm a newbie but from what I've read here, you should let your shoes rest at least a day in between each wear. It looks to me like you're looking for one shoe to wear day in and day out. I would research more before deciding because I think AE's would wear down quickly with everyday wear.  
Does anyone have pics of the blue spot bracelet? This doesn't appear to be in the album and no one has posted a pic yet.
I'm restarting my wardrobe. In a few weeks time I'll have a charcoal MTM suit delivered to me, and in a couple weeks I will be purchasing some black AE Park Avenue's at the Nordstrom sale. In 4-6 months' time, I plan on picking up a navy suit.   What are your recommendations for a first good pair of brown shoes considering the above? The walnut Strand goes on sale as well in a couple of weeks but I'm inclined to think that this pair is too light a shade of brown to...
I'm restarting my shoe collection. I have two pairs of casual Cole Haans that are my nicest shoes, but now I'm looking to get a couple better pairs suitable for the office and/or casual wear.   So far I'm leaning toward the black Park Avenue and the walnut Strand. I was going to wait for the Nordstrom anniversary sale to get both pairs. Are there other places to get them for cheaper ($200)?
I'm new to this site and there is a wealth of info that I'm grateful for. Anyway, I don't wear suits often, so I've had some crappy square toe Kenneth Cole's in my shoe closet that I would bring out once in a while. Now that I own a couple pairs of Cole Haan casual shoes, the KC's look ugly and I can't bear to wear them again with a suit. :) I have some weddings, possible interviews, and other social functions that may require some dress shoes in the near...
Thanks for all the suggestions. So far I'm liking Thick as Thieves. I'll check out these other places. I think BB is a little more than I want to spend.
I own a few suits but I'm looking to pick up my first good-fitting suit in the $500 range. I live in Los Angeles and am 28 years old if that makes a difference.   I want something that is versatile - can be worn to business meetings, weddings, parties, etc. For this I would think a standard solid charcoal or navy suit would be best? What kind of shops should I be looking at?   Also, I am a slimmer guy - 5'9" at 155 lbs. The suits I own seem like the arms are too...