or Connect

Posts by thekosmicdesign

Did I hurt your feelings? I voiced my opinion. That is all.
I haven't read through all this thread but I just got back from SF today. I was born and raised in LA and live here currently. I went to college in Norcal and I've been to SF many times during my college years. I always disliked northern California compared to southern California. The weather sucks (cloudy 75% of the year), the women aren't good-looking, and the main attractions just aren't that fun for me.   With that said, I haven't been back in 7 years until this...
Just an update for you guys. I ended up buying the GS3 shortly after creating this thread. I've seen the iPhone 5 in the stores. I'm sure both phones are good. Debating between which is better is like debating between Pepsi and Coke. Both are good.   I do like the change from iOS to Android. At first there was a learning curve but I've since rooted (jailbreak in iPhone terms) and installed a custom ROM. I like the fact that I can customize the phone in a lot of...
I just got my dark brown double monks about a week ago. I've only had time to try them on briefly and I'm getting a little heel slippage. I'm buckling the top strap on the tightest of the 3 settings.   1. Will the heel slip improve over time as my shoes get broken in and my heel creates a groove for it to sink into? 2. If the answer is no, would some sort of adjustment correct the issue (e.g. sole, tongue pad or something)? What should I look into?   The length...
  If you've never had a smartphone I think the iPhone would be a good choice. I also have a Macbook Pro but that would not affect my decision at all. Your phone's interaction with your computer would be the same (iTunes) if you have a PC or Mac.
I don't think it's premature to start judging the iPhone 5. Here is what we know:   1. It looks pretty much the same as an iPhone 4 but it is longer. The caseback has a slightly different material/color/texture. Most people, including myself, would cover the back up for the entire life of the phone with a case anyway. 2. The technical specs look about the same as the Galaxy S3. 3. The OS will run faster, but it is essentially the same OS that Apple has been using...
Please vote if you're relatively familiar with both phones. I've owned the iPhone 3GS and currently the iPhone 4. I'm leaning toward the Galaxy S3 for a change.
I know this is the "appreciation" thread and while I am quite appreciative of my first real dress shoes, the one thing I wish the Park Ave had was a longer cap on the toe. It seems a bit too short. For my next shoe I wanted a brown 5th Ave but since the cap toe is essentially the same size as the PA, I am looking at other brands.
I also am experiencing bowing on my first pair of AE's I bought a month ago - 8D Park Avenue. I tried on an 8.5D and they were just a bit too big. My bowing is slightly less than what's been posted recently and interestingly, it's only on the left shoe. To me that says the quality control isn't quite perfect. If the exact same size shoe on one foot has no bowing but the other does it just seems like a quality issue. My feet are symmetrical as far as I can...
I've searched and read several threads on this topic. Many people referenced a wiki page which is no longer available.   Here's what I have: http://shoeshinekit.com/shshkititwib.html   I have the Meltonian cream polish. Do I need a different polish? I believe cream polishes won't work and I need some sort of wax polish. Step-by-step instructions would be much appreciated. I also don't want to spend a lot. I've seen people's results with Kiwi and it looks great.