or Connect

Posts by thekosmicdesign

I am thinking of getting a pair of chocolate Daltons. I'm fairly new to the SF world, and currently own a pair of PA's in black and a double monk in brown from Meermin.   1. I wear size 8D on the 5 last for the PA. These fit well. What size should I get for the Daltons? 8D? 2. The PA and Strand are usually on sale in July at Nordstrom. Do the Daltons also go on sale a specific time of year? What is a good price to pay for them (firsts)? 3. Do these boots pair...
I live in LA and got my first bespoke suit last year. The tailor's walls were covered with celebrities' photos with messages to the tailor such as, "Your suit fits like a dream." I think this is fine. If the celebrity is smiling for the camera next to the tailor and has provided approval to have his/her photo put up on the wall, it is ok. Obviously if the celeb has never provided this endorsement then no advertising should be done.   I used to have a BMW and one of...
Also I just wanted to note that I am a slim guy (5'9", 150 lbs but athletic-looking if that makes sense). Extra Slim Fit shirts from BB are still slightly too baggy on me. I'm not sure if there are any RTW brands that would fit well straight off the rack, but if there are some brands in my price range, I'm all ears.
By reading SF I tried out one of the suggestions of buying cheap shirts at Nordstrom Rack and having them tailored. This worked very well for me. I just made sure the collar and shoulders fit well. To add darts and slim up the shirt it cost $30. I'm assuming if I would need to adjust the sleeve length it would be an additional $10 or so.   Anyway with pants, what do I need to look out for? I'm guessing waist size must be a good match. What is the cost to slim up the...
I saw another thread where a someone emailed about this issue and got a free replacement.   I purchased one from the ebay seconds store and I'm having issues with bristles falling out. I've only had it for about an hour and just ran my fingers through and bristles were falling out. I tried pulling on some of the fibers just a tad (definitely not hard) and bristles were easily coming off.   The ebay description doesn't mention anything about bristles falling out....
I noticed a thread recently and I don't want to hijack that one...   Is a clothes brush necessary or highly recommended? It seems to me that a lot of clothing and shoe care items are overkill. I want to make worthwhile purchases and these fringe items can quickly add up. I just picked up my first bespoke suit and I would like to take good care of it. What are your thoughts on the usefulness of a brush?
wrong thread...
My company holiday party will be at a restaurant at an old train station. The party's theme is 1930's and 1940's. My guess is there will be some art deco type of decorations and possibly some festive entertainment congruent with the theme.   My plan is to simply wear a normal navy suit, white shirt, black shoes, and a colorful tie/PS. I'm sure my outfit would look fine, but is there anything I can do to be more in line with the theme? I don't want to spend on...
About a month ago I received my first quality ties since learning about sf. These were my purchases from Sam Hober:   1. Macclesfield #84 2. Grenadine Prometeo Navy 3. Macclesfield Silk Pocket Square #23   I really love the grenadine as it's my first one. I've never really noticed this kind of tie on someone else but it looks great. Both of my ties were four-in-hand knots. The grenadine tie is thick and a basic FIN knot is sizable IMO. Anyway I'm thinking of...
I will say that Golden Gate Park was the highlight of my trip. I could see myself going there often if I lived in SF. :)