or Connect

Posts by melquiad

Could it have to do with Canada Post's workers strike?
  Thanks guys! Excellent information!!! Exactly what I was wondering about.
Hey guys,   Does anyone know where to get leather laces identical to those of Vibergs? I know you can email them and buy them directly, or also through workboot.com, but shipping is steep.   I've been looking at those sold by White's, and through Baker's. Also the Heavy Duty #50 Cougar ones. But I'm not sure how they compare.   Of all the leather laces I've seen, Viberg's are the thickest and most stiff (and most durable).   Thanks!
Sorry, but noSorry, but no thanks.I was asking about leather laces, like those of Viberg.Why would anyone use those Allen Edmond laces on work boots?
Hey guys, Has anyone ordered leather laces directly from White's?   Are they the same as those Viberg includes with their boots (same thickness and stiffness)?   How about the ones Baker's sells? They are branded White's, but more expensive.   Thanks!
Yes. Excellent customer service. They replied to all my emails (in English) very promptly.Shipping was really fast (2 days), but I think it was a pair they had over here when they were in NYC, or some deal like that. I ordered the snuff suede boots. I didn't mind the GYW, since it actually looks very good.I was stunned at how nice and comfortable the 160 last is.At the time they had a one-time new customer discount. Not sure if they still do.
Thanks Kahuna!I'm 9.5 or 10 depending on the last. But the unstructured is a no go for me --- I know that boondockers traditionally are unstructured, but I was hoping!
I almost feel guilty that everytime I post here, is to ask a question! :-)   Those of you who have purchased or seen the current Club Monaco Boondocker: http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66437006   What last is that? Looks like either 2040 or 2045.   Is the toe structured?   Is Club Monaco listing actual Viberg sizes, or are they giving some "conversion"?   Thanks!
       Thanks friends. I feel confident now as to my possible next purchase!
I know this has been discussed before, but I've never felt confident as to a consensus: There's been some talk about shell boots being lasted a bit larger due to the nature of the shell leather (possibly because it's more water resistant, so it doesn't take to the steam so well during the lasting process?)   Those of you owning Indy boots in both shell and non-shell. Do you go with exactly the same size, or a half size smaller in shell?   Thanks!