or Connect

Posts by aleeboy

Can any one help out here? I don't want to ruin my new shoes any further. I want to fix it in a way that will work, rather than worsen the extent of damage done already. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by A.K.A. It sounds as if your cobbler is making excuses either for his poor work, or his choosing to only do the work you asked (as the soles could have been delaminating when you brought them in). I would recommend that you have the shoes recrafted with commando soles, which is what you were trying to achieve by having him glue the vibram to the bottom of your leather soles. With the side of the welt now split, you will have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball IF I uderstand it right, you mean the welt and the mid sole was "undone". They still hold together by the stitching, so it won't get off. But if you use it as "rain" shoe, I think you better ask the cobbler gue them together again. Otherwise, water may leaking in to the mid sole. Yes, that is correct. It is becoming undone. I wore it once in wet weather. I can't understand why the glue would start to lose...
Fellow forumers, I recently purchased a pair of JM Westons. I had vibram rubber glued to the bottom as I live in a place where it rains often. Upon receiving them back from the cobbler, I noticed that the glue holding between the two leather pieces that make up the sole has come undone. I am sure this wasn't the case before hand. The cobbler assured me that because the soles are stitched (as you expect with a fine pair of shoes) that they would still stay together....
Quote: Originally Posted by jarude Fuck me I cannot bench press anything if I tried. I've been stuck at my bodyweight plateau for months. I reset down to 135 or so, focus on form, and I still end up shitting the bed at 185. Make sure your supporting muscles are strong! When I was benching 100kg, I would skull crush 50Kg. I could also do dips easily with 35kg attached. In my experience, my bench went like this: - started on 30kg -...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD Saw a doctor and had x-rays a few weeks ago. He said it looked completely fine and that it's a muscular pain. Muscular pain does not stay for weeks. If you were doing squats after a long hiatus, then it would be DOMs. However, DOMs does not remain for that long. I suggest you get an MRI. X-rays can't pick up any herniations in the spinal disks. I did this a couple of years back. Felt it for many many...
Quote: Originally Posted by tchoy Great looking shoes, thanks for posting the link. I would love to try a pair but have been resisting so far. The prices here in Sydney are more expensive than JLP and EGs. Where in Sydney can one buy these? What about EG and JL?
Quote: Originally Posted by milosz Never realized that neutral grip chin-ups are easier than regular chins before. I'm not sure why, though - leverages? Or do they recruit more arm muscles? That's funny. Neutral grips are harder for me. How wide, or narrow, is your grip? I used to find pull-ups a lot easier than chin-ups, until I injured my shoulder and had to revert to chin-ups. I say doing something regularly makes them a whole lot...
I have four pairs of trees. Shoes benefiting from these are: - Weston loafers - Santoni FAM monks - Dolce & Gabbana wing tips - Any of: - Armani loafers - Armani Oxfords - Prada loafers - Prada drivers You can see where the love is.
Shoes are the only thing I would spend money on in the near future. I already have a decent belt, wallet and watch. I'm considering purchasing a pair of loafers from EG or Lobb in the next two years (yes, big timer LOL). W.r.t suits, I had four pairs of pants made up in Navy and Grey (2 of each). I plan to have a nice navy jacket made, so i can wear it with the matching pants and mix it up with the grey when I feel need for a change. I'm pretty simple when it comes...