or Connect

Posts by aleeboy

Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius I can do a natural GHR, although I find it a lot more awkward than using the GHR apparatus so I rarely do them in practice. I've never used one of them machines. I do imagine that these are very simple. As you can do them naturally, you have strong hammies Quote: Says who? The ideal deadlift body would be short legs and long arms. Squats are much more difficult for long legged people,...
Quote: Originally Posted by asdf GHR is 90% a hamstring exercise. It's good, as a hamstring exercise, but is not as complete a posterior chain workout as deadlifts and does not belong in a comparison with squats or deadlifts. It is an excellent accessory lift. I'm not refuting your point that most people can't do one but what is the point of that comparison? What if i said "for people who do GHR's and claim them to be superior, can you deadlift 600...
Here are my three most recent purchases.. excuse the poor quality pics 1. Santoni FAM monks 2. JM Weston Conti 3. Union Imperial Loafers
Managed to take a couple of snaps of my Union Imperial shoes. These are Goodyear welted and the leather is very soft and supple. Will be wearing them to the office tomorrow
I'm sure there is atleast one person here who can help, or share their experiences on this matter!!
Hi All, I picked up a lovely pair of JM Weston Conti's off the B&S forum. I am having an issue with them at the moment. I'll try to convey what this is through a picture: If you refer to the above, you will notice that there is a grey area along the top edge as well as a stray piece of string sticking out. This string is a lot shorter now as I cut it. Basically what is happening is that pieces of fairly thick black thread have been coming off. I am concerned...
I would go something European to balance out traditional American / English style. Santoni could be a good option for you. I picked up a pair of JM Weston shoes not long ago. Very happy with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter a good idea... For example, I have small wrists (about 6.5 inches?) so for me 38-40 is ideal, but 41-42 starts to get too large and 34-35 is just too small. I guess that's relatively standard though. Still, I'd suggest trying on a bunch, even at the same size to get some ideas. I have even smaller wrists than you - 6.25 checking in. I'm wearing a 42mm right now and this looks small on me. I'm 6ft...
Quote: Originally Posted by hendrix gloves do not help you to lift more. if they do for you, you're doing it wrong. deadlifts strengthen your back and posterior, making it less likely that you'll injure yourself doing other exercises or just random accidents. you won't damage your back doing deadlifts if you do them with proper form unless it's already damaged. people have deadlifted over 1000lbs. If you're doing it properly, it's perfectly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius No machine is going to give you anything approaching the complete posterior chain workout that deadlifts give. You just have to be careful about pushing yourself too hard, and learn proper form. Some people may need flexibility work as well so they can safely pull off the floor. I've seen plenty of people hurt their back doing curls of all things, any exercise requires a concern for...