or Connect

Posts by shipbroker

Yes sir! Was actually planning to get Saphir Reno since I just got these shoes recently. But have been putting off ordering online till I need a few more items cuz shipping to Singapore would put the cost of a jar at close to 50 bucks!
After a work trip ruined my fine shoes with booze and dirt stains I decided to get some cleaner and conditioner to restore them. Since these were the only half decent ones available locally I bought them: http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Z-507-Leather-Cleaner-Conditioner/dp/B000F7VKD4 Long story short I now have shoes that are incredibly splotchy. Parts of the shoe are much lighter than the original finish. Also used kiwi brown polish, which was close in tone to the actual...
Hello Gents   Quick question regarding weight gain / weight loss and tailoring -   I've never made a huge leap into tailoring proper given my yo-yoing weight.   My first foray into bespoke shirts and odd trousers saw me gain a fair bit of weight. Needless to say all those shirts and trousers now lay at the back of my closet.   I've started to shed some weight but progress has been slow.   The OTR M&S trousers I've bought for work (and had taken in...
Thanks for the reply. I just emailed meermin bat an hour ago and they replied really quickly saying they do resoling as well so that's great news!
I'll be heading to London for a work trip early this November. Wish I could visit Northampton, unfortunately I do not have the time or resources to do so and probably have a free weekend in London to do some shoe shopping.   Planning to get my first 2 pairs (or 3 if prices are exceptional) of proper dress/biz casual shoes.   Where should I go for great deals? I understand that some stores sell the likes of Loake and Cheaney etc at good discounts but I'm not sure...
Guys, quick check I can't seem to find any information regarding resoling or recrafting on Meermin's site. I believe I came across a comment on one of the forums (might be SF) that Meermin doesn't offer resoling or recrafting but not sure if its a confirmed a fact.   Mulling between getting Loakes or Meermins and though I like the Meermins more from an aesthetic point of view - resoling is a big concern.   Would rather spend a bit more and get Loake 1880s if...
What would you recommend for a young guy working in a relatively casual office. Mostly Dress shirts and trousers with brown loafers on. I'm a portly fella with a round face and I've been told drama with sharp rectangles would help define my face. Brown skin tone but I would like a tortoise shell color maybe a darker one? Please advise. I'm based in Singapore unfortunately and only mass market or no names are available at brick and mortar stores. Had ray ban wayfarers made...
I keep hearing that one can buy AEs for much less than retail i.e. less than 200 and possible less than 150.   Is this only available at shoebank stores etc?   Cuz online cheapest I've seen is from direct sellers at 225 excluding shipping, and I live in Singapore.
PM sent! Thanks for this wonderful service!
Thank you for the reply sir!Black seems to be the fail safe but is somewhat boring Like you I absolutely adore burgundy especially cordovan, however shells are a prohibitively expensive option for me now. My trousers are mostly navy and charcoal / grey so their perfect.Right now I can't quite decide if cap toes are too formal for the dress pants and shirt sans tie and suit. I have to admit shell bluchers by Alden are calling out to me haha!