or Connect

Posts by Muey

There is a Meermin in japan, but Japan has a 30% tariff on imported leather shoes. Guess what that means for the pre-VAT price? :p
I have 2 pairs of meermins, both size 8.5, one in Hiro, the other an Olfe. For me, the Hiro was pretty good, though the high heel cup kept rubbing the what-ever-bone(that bump on outer side of my right foot) initially, which was a bit annoying. Olfe in comparison to Hiro is definitively more pointier in terms of looks. Width-wise they appear to be pretty close, and my toes have equally comfortable room on both - the Olfe is slightly longer and the shape is a tiny bit less...
 Aw, no pics of the cap-less adelaide?
Yeah, these things weigh like 2-3 pounds and are way thicker than what you can expect of your usual cardigan. They are bulky and will by nature not drape/flow as smoothly as a lighter garment.
FWIW I ordered my regular size - I weigh about the same as you but am taller at 6' 2". For me, the knits are tight in the arms and slightly so in the chest, but fairly loose at the waist.
Got mine today, 6A Ballyliffen and 3A Dunglow.   After fear that I might have sized too small, it turned out to be almost the opposite. For reference, I'm 6' 2" with a ~38" chest - I ordered both cardigans in size 38, but specced with  1.5" longer sleeves & body than standard due to my height.   (colors not representative due to indoor lightning)     I'm pretty happy with the 6A myself, fit is pretty much as I wanted.   The 3A OTOH is a bit short in the sleeves,...
I ordered on the same date, also got contacted about the invoice today as well.     A bit squeamish about my picked size after seeing the sz 42@40 chest pics in this thread though - hopefully these things stretch out a bit with time.
 I thought Luxire stocked Dugdale, have not heard anything about them stocking Huddersfield - can someone confirm this?  Either way, Huddersfield cloth is not the same company as Dugdale Bros, nor does Huddersfield carry any of Dugdale's inventory. For Dugdale range, go to http://www.dugdalebros.com/Our-Ranges/.
Hard water or detergent with zeolite content will also contribute to the stiffness of washed clothes (as will using too much detergent in general). You'll never get them as fluffy soft as after a tumble dry, but if they're complete cardboard after hang drying it usually means there's at least some contributing factor to be found in your laundering practices.   Shouldn't tumble dry shirts anyway, they're best ironed when damp out the washer.
 It's interesting that this "slapping a 'for women' -sticker on men's shoes and calling it a day" -approach appears to be the standard modus operandi for most of the traditional operators in the menswear shoe business - it's as if they're catering more to the tastes of the shoe-afficando husband (hopefully) buying things for his wife, rather than the wife herself.