or Connect

Posts by Muey

I haven't actually measured that, but it's managable. They're initially really tight when freshly washed (takes some effort & have to pull stomach in to button top button), but they stretch back out & loosen up a bit with some wear (still very fitted, though).
Can confirm my Supple 16's have shrunk at least 2" in the inseam. And If I wouldn't pull the legs after each wash by hand when the pants are still damp, it'd probably be ~3" shorter than when new.   Machine wash cold, air dried flat.   In practice I can only wear them with boots now, otherwise they look silly short.
 Wow - you seem to be right - I was recalling prices from memory, and it seems both ELC and and Aero have jacked theirs up considerably since I last checked.ELC has the Hartmann, which has gone up all the way to a whopping 700£ (~1000 USD), and Aero's Highwayman goes for 620£ (~900$) as you stated. Same for the Happy Days and Cafe racer models, which are probably the closest to the Gustin design.Aero does seem to have a spiffy Type 3 suede jacket for only 450£, though, but...
Cheapest Aero and ELC jackets start at the 700$ range, and you'll probably have a lot more options in terms of sizing if you go with them compared to Gustin because of their business model. I'd be surprised if the Gustin offering would be in the same price range - I'd expect them to undercut it given their production model. Of course, a lot depends on the leather options being offered as well...
My supple 16:s have shrunk 1½-2" on the inseam. I need to pull & stretch them out after each wash when damp, or else they're too short and basically unwearable. Pretty borderline as-is. Would definitively not have anything hemmed until after a few warm washes.
Wish Gustin would allow combined shipping, at least when ordering multiples of the same production item.     Thought about the socks but at 16$ international shipping per order I decided to skip. If you could order two packs for that cost (or a slightly increased one) to offset the individual price, you could at least offset the price/item a bit.
A Japan Heather gray workshirt would be really nice.     Though I guess I could settle for any gray, non-oxford cloth shirt with some form of interesting texture.
I initially sized down for the chinos, and while they are wearable for me (a bit tight in the calves though) and still better than the denim, going with my regular size turned out to be the best choice. Ideally I could use a very slightly tighter fit in the thighs when going with my normal size, but that's more me and my bodytype than the fit itself. of course, YMMV. I take size 31 in jeans (regular cut), and *can* pull a size 30 on me, though those are ball-crushing tight...
 Yep, this so much. I can't quite fathom how they came up with the fit of the top block on their jeans. Not only are they overtly tight in the front for me, but worse is that the pockets are so tight it's a real hassle and pain in the ass to use them. And sizing up makes no difference, except for the pants not fitting elsewhere. Other jeans with similar waist measurements - no issues.  All the more surprising is that I really like Gustins chinos - they fit me well and no...
How would one go taking care of the "dry clean only" Merino wool button-down? Always use an undershirt to prolong armpits taking on stink & air it out?     Or is the dry-clean requirement more of a typical "we want to take no responsibility for regular wear & tear on your garment" - thing?  I mean, dry clean for regular everyday clothes is a bit excessive and cost-phrohibitive - and there's plenty other merino stuff that survives hand washing/delicate machine cycle...