or Connect

Posts by Junebug9122

First of all, to the extent it dissuades people from buying their stock, it is the *very* epitome of dysfunctional, since I am sure those fine folks are not engaged in a philanthropic enterprise.     Second, that story is true.  I worked at a Nordstroms in college and I can tell you that story was specifically relayed to us by management to convey the extent to which we were to go to make customers happy.  Granted, its provenance is hard to pin down, but John Nordstrom...
  Wow.  Your penetrating insight into Alden of Carmel's dysfunctional customer service really did leave me speechless. Gold star for you.   I never said I was going to abuse a return policy, I was merely making the observation that the only way for someone to feel comfortable making a $700 purchase is by buying from a vendor that appreciates the difficulties in getting fitted for Alden's various lasts.  That, or opt to live in one of a handful of metropolises that are...
I disagree.  Anyone who would pay close to $700 for shoes is going to be meticulous in habit and deliberate in action.  Its unlikely that a large proportion of such buyers would return items in a non-resellable state.  And if they do so, it would then be reasonable to either refuse the return, charge them a return fee or simply return store credit.     We have all likely done the carpet shuffle in careful attempt to verify the fit and not break the last for fear of...
Isn't it though?  You would think they'd understand one of the basic tenets of retail: making the transaction easier by offering a *real* return policy.  Even an exceptionally onerous one that returns your cash is preferable to store credit.  I'm almost to the point of ordering some LWBs from jcrew in an 11 just to verify the fit, and then returning them.  I'd feel bad, but its jcrew, and my twenties were a blur of serially overpaying both them and BR for clothing of...
Can someone give me an idea of the heel to toe length of size 11 on the barrie?  I don't live near any retailers and I'd really like to buy a pair that only Alden of Carmel has available, but their return policy is store credit, so I really cannot get the size wrong. I have a pair of shell LWB in an 11.5 that measure 12.2" on the insole with about 0.4" to spare in the toe box, but I'm getting significant heel slippage, even after a month of wear so I wonder if a half...
Gracias.
What color are these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Awesome-estate-Mens-Shoes-ALDEN-975-size-12B-Wing-tip-look-great-shape-/200775369949?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2ebf2504dd#ht_500wt_1179   I can't tell if these are 8 or Cigar.  The sole stitch on the welt appears to be a lighter contrast color, which I've only ever seen on cigar shells from alden of carmel.  Is there some way to decipher the serial number in one of the pictures?   The seller was no help.  He's a...
To those of you with Shell Indy's in a size 11 D, whats the length of the outsole and insole on your Indys?  I have an 11.5 D in Barrie and I've got some heel slippage and about 0.6" of room in the toe box.  I'm in the market for a used Shell Indy but all I can find are 11's, which I think may be a good idea considering my size issues in an 11.5 Barrie.  I would just sort this out by trying out an 11 in trubalance, but there are none at the dealers around me.  Thanks.
Thinking about buying a cigar shell boot with the following in the shell.  Looks like a crack, but I have not idea how deep.  Is this repairable?  If not, is there any way to minimize the progression? 
Duplicate