or Connect

Posts by woolymammoth

Still no regrets...
Is the John Lobb Dark Oak lighter or darker then let's say the Dark Brown Museum (pictured below) - I have seen sundry pictures of shoes labeled Dark Oak on the Internet but the shades fall into a not small range...some seem light in color, other seem quite dark in color...comments appreciated...thank you. The reason I ask is I want to approximate in a John Lobb color the dark brown color shown below...
John Lobb Matta II...when was this monk strap discontinued? One of my favorite single monk straps... Photo from...John Lobb Photo Catalogue
John Lobb / Edward Green - both really nice - I favor John Lobb because store is close, 7000/8000 last fits me nice and I really like the dark brown museum...
Is there a technical (for the lack of a better term) name for a full-brogue sans the medallion? I know the term semi-brogue but not sure it is the same thing - thank you...comments appreciated...the below picture (from Internet) to the best of my knowledge is the Corthay Vendome without the medallion...
no regrets...
The monks are relatively new...the 2 eyelet shoes are well-lived in...
The monks are relatively new...the 2 eyelet shoes are well-lived in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade I own one Corthay in the 002 (8 US) and a couple of JL in the 8000 (7.5 UK) last and I have to agree with this. The Corthay's are almost a centimeter longer than my JL. Corthay does have the most unique colors though. If only they fit better, I'd wear them more often or buy more pairs. I have Corthay 002 last and 001 last (Corthay size 9) and Lobb 7000 last and 8000 last (Lobb size 8E) and all fit quite...