or Connect

Posts by woolymammoth

The monks are relatively new...the 2 eyelet shoes are well-lived in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade I own one Corthay in the 002 (8 US) and a couple of JL in the 8000 (7.5 UK) last and I have to agree with this. The Corthay's are almost a centimeter longer than my JL. Corthay does have the most unique colors though. If only they fit better, I'd wear them more often or buy more pairs. I have Corthay 002 last and 001 last (Corthay size 9) and Lobb 7000 last and 8000 last (Lobb size 8E) and all fit quite...
Found nice Zenga Heritage brown plaid cloth (similar to the picture but darker, definitely a Fall/Winter cloth) and considering doing something a little off the beaten-path...would one-button, slanted pockets and peak-lapels be a little too eccentric/Frankensteinish/frightening or attention getting (though in reality no one is really going to care what I'm wearing but I'm the self-conscious sort)...comments appreciated...thank you. edit:I should note the above refers to a...
Let me preface by noting that I am talking about an all-black Corthay..the pictured Wilfrid is the closest I could find from the Leffot website. Clearly a subjective topic and more for fun but if you were to have one black shoe and the Corthay Wilfrid and the John Lobb Becketts were the choices (either will suffice for my life) which would you choose and why or is it too close to call? I have both shoes in brown so I am familiar with both styles and like both styles about...
Any experience with BG discounting their designer cufflinks - thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by rebel222 Link Thank you very much.
Ran across this Alden monk strap picture (the middle shoe w/ medallion) on the Internet - I think it was shot in the Alden store on Madison (NYC) - I am not familiar with the model and would appreciate any information on the shoe, is it cordovan? - thank you.
...but I wear oxfords with most anything as I generally don't like derbys.
[quote=larsrindsig;2568179] What are those? Shoe Horns.