or Connect

Posts by woolymammoth

I am making a royal oxford button-down with the flowers material inside the cuffs.
No real reason aside from the shade and weight of the particular fabric; I have many flannels (Holland and Sherry, Ariston, Dormeuil etc.) as fall/winter I only wear flannel suits and flannel odd trousers (never cared for flannel odd jackets) and to me all these brands are or more or less same caliber/level so selection is based on: mottling, shade and weight available at the time.
Charvet pink knit tie and to-be-made Ariston grey flannel suit.
Cheltenham capybara brown cashmere-lined gloves.
The quick switcharoo...
Harsher weather today calls for peccary instead of the mild-mannered rodent gloves.
Vicuna hat and capybara brown cashmere-lined gloves. I think best in class but the cost is best purged from memory.
Are snow boots an anathema to modern man? The New York Times today featured a video (screen shots below) of men walking/traipsing in the Manhattan slush and I have witnessed this myself as I travel to New York City in December and January. I would think wearing rubber boots like the L.L. Bean type and carrying a nice tote with your shoes inside would be preferable to sitting in a meeting with wet socks. If you are visiting people in another building just switch...