or Connect

Posts by heathenist

This is true.  But from what I've seen, a lot of it seems heavier or thicker than a merino sweater.  What I like about merino is that it's so versatile, it can be worn in almost every season.  I don't know if the same is true for cashmere, because I don't know much about it, but from what I've seen, it seems too warm to be a year round sweater.
  I don't know too much about cashmere, or merino really, but in my experience, merino seems like the ultimate sweater material.  Super comfy, warm, light, wicking, etc.
Wow, for some reason I never really expected a men's button-up from Everlane, that's pretty exciting.  Unfortunately, unless they offer a slim-fitted version, they'll likely be too baggy for me.  BB Extra-slims are the only button-ups I've found that fit me really well, I think it's more because I prefer a pretty slim fit though, not because I'm really tiny.   BUT, I'd be really excited if they offered a slim fitting OCBD.   Also really excited for the sweaters...
I have a few questions, I noticed that the pre-orders for scarves went up and saw they they are going for $60.  Which to me seems kind of high, I think I remember the original scarves selling for $30.  I'm assuming they are nicer, but I think there should be some explanation for the high price tag.  I'd be really interested to see how much markup is on them, I mean, really it's only a large piece of unfinished fabric, how much could manufacturing really cost for...
Bingo.   I obviously don't buy everything made in the USA, or even most things, but one of the justifications in my mind for spending the money on this bag is because I foolishly assumed I was supporting decent paying manufacturing jobs in the US.   I know it's silly and ideological, but still.
Because part of the reason I was buying it was because I thought it was made in the US.  To me the benefit of something being made in the US goes beyond just the quality of the product, but also sort of a piece of mind.  Not to mention that I can't necessarily know the true quality of a product when it's brand new.  A lot of times it's not obvious that something is of questionably quality until things start falling apart.
Just posting to say that I ordered the weekender the morning it went on sale and received it today.  I've been anticipating it for a while, however, I was extremely disappointed upon seeing the "made in china" tag on the inside.  For some reason I assumed it would be made in the US, like all of the other stuff I've bought from them.  Wish I'd have seen this thread before now, as I probably wouldn't have purchased it.  Luckily I had some credits in my account so I didn't...
  Yeah, I just noticed that, it was a typo, they are most definitely "Footjoy."  I knew they did mostly golf shoes, and I know they have had some Made in the USA stuff, but I can't figure out anything about these shoes in particular.  Not sure if those pictures are working now, but here are direct links if they aren't.   http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4/Trey_1/DSCF3125.jpg http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4/Trey_1/DSCF3123.jpg   I suppose it's not really important,...
I recently picked up these shoes at the local Goodwill and was curious if anyone had any info on them.  They are "Dress-Walkers by Footjoy" with Vibram gumlite soles.  I can't seem to find any info on the quality, construction, or where they were manufactured.  They seem to be good quality, but I have very limited knowledge about shoe construction.  Either way I'm happy with them because I'd been considering a suede captoe for a while, and really like the look of...
My brother told me he found a pair of cordovan Allen Edmond tassel loafers at his local goodwill for $4.  Not sure about condition and don't have a picture to upload, but the one he showed me made them seem like they were in decent condition.  He said he wasn't sure if they were this model, but that they were most similar to these: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF8287_1_40000000001_-1