or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Well, I didn't get the Ring-Ring Wilshires (not that I really had expected to) but I am extremely happy that I received the 14oz Cone Mills "1968" Wilshires.  They will go into my rotation after hemming.  The grey Kurabos are staying in the plastic bag as a backup as my current ones still look fairly new even after 62 wears and 1 wash.
Denim will soon need to be subjected to the same rule as my boots --- one in, one out.  I am expecting UPS to deliver an indigo Wilshire and the grey Wilshire today.  I'm thinking the indigo will be the Kaihara ones (which I already have) but I can always hope for the ring-rings.
 I've tried it a few times ages ago.  If I recall correctly, a few folks way more knowledgeable than me on this thread advise against this.  Among other things, it softens the leather (or something to that effect) and reduces its durability.  I don't do it anymore.
Pretty impressive for a shoe guy.
I guess I understand the frenzy created by the Viberg IG with a zippered boot.  But I don't really see the need to call it the end of the world.  As Ryden says, companies need to push boundaries, and those boundaries might not fit in with one's particular aesthetics.  I personally would be interested in a zippered Viberg, but really only because it'd be made by Viberg.  It would allow me to wear my Vibergs when traveling, which I do not do now.   As an aside, I took a...
I don't get tired of seeing those pics of @tifosi's boots
 I don't have the 13oz Kuroki denim but have the 14oz Kaihara ones and this selvedge ID sure looks to me as very similar to the Kaihara denim.  Wonder if Mike@Epaulet can assist. I'm taking delivery of a pair next week and I'm curious what I'll receive as well.
 Lucky you to get the ring-rings. My shipment arrives next week (EP shipped UPS rather than USPS Priority Mail for some reason so they're taking ages).  I'm not expecting to be so lucky as to get the ring-rings, given that Mike said they were mostly out of them.  I already have the Kaihara's so these will be a backup pair.  I also ordered the grey Kurabo ones as a backup as well.  Those ring-ring's look great!
 If you're really into the whole process, you will have one of those fancy leather aprons and sit anywhere with the shoes on your lap. I just lay some newspaper on the table and work on the table while watching tv.
 Yeah, right!  :->> Most boots I have that have pinking --- the stitching is so close to the pinking that it would be difficult to cut off (even if you could) the pinking without getting too close to the stitching. I do have some boots that I would have preferred without pinking, but I've actually never thought of trying to have the pinking removed.  Does it bother you that much?  (not you @meso)