or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Thanks for your input. You have a pretty incredible collection. Your tan horsehide made me hesitate with my choice but I ended up sticking with the black pit tanned bison boot. Notre shows it in stock so I hope their inventory was accurate. My second choice would be the tan horsehide.
I think he's got about $4000 of unworn boots in his trunk.
 You got it, Ryden.  It doesn't have the slight nap that aged bark does, but the color looks almost identical.  Having said that, I've loved some of the chamois/reverse chamois makeups that Alden has.
 Interesting.  Good input, thanks.
 I don't have a problem picking a boot that's priced less than what I bid.  Truthfully, I didn't expect to win and so I just want to pick what would fit into my rotation best and something I'd really enjoy.  I was drawn to the chukka as well but I haven't had much success getting chukkas to work well with my feet.  Maybe I'll try again some day. Here is my shortlist right now:-  black pit tanned bison-  Italian tan horsehide  (gyw)-  black moose leather  (gyw) I wasn't...
 Thanks.  Here is what I currently have; they're all Service Boots: 1.  brown waxed flesh on Commando (2045)2.  colour 8 CXL PCT (2030)3.  matte black Guidi calf PT (2030)4.  olive Guidi calf PCT (2030)5.  aged bark PCT (2030) As you can see, I am one of the often lamented 2030 fans.  The 2030 last is in fact the best fitting last for me across all brands.  And for me, fit is king.  However, I would like to try the 1035, the 110, or even the 310 at some point.
 I believe I have to choose from their current stock.  Not sure what happens if my size is sold out, although they seem to have lots of sizes covered in most of their makeups.
I was surprised when I won the charity auction for a pair of Viberg boots from Notre.  I just briefly glanced through what Notre has since I hadn't anticipated purchasing boots in the near term.  So if anyone has any recommendations of any pair that is particularly interesting to you, I'll gladly take any input.  I already have 5 Viberg boots and I know it has a lot to do with what I already have, but I'm just looking for ideas.
 those are absolutely gorgeous!  Congrats!
My Galways with dainite needed no break in at all.