or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

@patrick_b, I agree. I would go with a 10E UK to be safe. Having said that, I went a full size down from my normal US size for both my Harlechs and Coniston. The 341 last is pointier so the Harlechs are perfect. The Conistons with rounder 325 toe, are roomier so I might have been able to go down a half size further. But I just wear thicker socks.
Are you guys a size 8, by chance? 
 I agree that some shell trainers would be pretty decadent.  I just struggle with the thought that one is paying a premium for the shell when it effectively cannot be resoled.  Mike brought up this topic a while back but it seems many folks are still willing to go for it.  I'll have to wait and see what the pricing looks like.
I'm also curious when the new trainers are expected.  I have the snuff and love them and would like a smooth leather one in brown/tan.
 The dude was not modest about his repair work. No use of patches at all, just darning or whatever the correct term is.  He laughingly said he thinks he's better than Self Edge.  Be sure to ask him for an ETA, though.  He looked like he was a bit behind on his repairs. Yeah, Mildblend is pretty awesome.  And for them to rave about Jay says something also.
Those copper task boots look insane with that wear on them. Who makes the copper task? Horween?
Sorry, I was being facetious. My sister in law is moving back to TX or NM because she can't take the brutal winters there.
 Careful, uncle.  I was in Chicago a couple of days ago and the weather was gorgeous.  Got back to El Paso and thunderstorms and flooding.
@Jay-D:   I was in the Wicker Park community in Chicago a few days ago.  Visited the Mildblend store.  They have a pretty good/large selection of high quality denim there.  I was talking to one of the guys there (originally from Japan?  Didn't get his name), and he seemed quite knowledgeable.  He was raving about you.  How you research and request all the details of denim (that you are going to sell).  Your reputation sure does travel!
Yup, those should be donated to a charity or something.