or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Took some pics of the black pit tanned bisons.  My earlier impression was correct; these boots are beasts. Although they are on the "dressier" 2030 last, each boot weighs in at over 2lbs!  And that's for my small boot size (7).  Also as expected, these boots aren't really totally black.  At first glance, they do look black but are really a very deep, dark brown.  The midsole combination with the Vibram 705 1/2 sole is really thick. Although they are quite comfortable, the...
   FedEx just delivered the pit tanned bison boots.  Haven't had a chance to inspect them or try them on yet but on first glance, they look like beasts!  The Vibram 705 1/2 sole is a monster (very thick, not like most 1/2 soles).  This Vibram sole plus the midsole makes for the thickest soled Vibergs I own. I'll post pics soon, if not today, then in the next few days.
But I was interested as well...
   Thanks, guys.  I would conjecture that EG makes that determination based on what leather is used for the shaft.  Something like suede might require lining whilst CC would not.
Looking forward to receiving my belated Xmas present to myself, from the RMDH auction --- pit tanned bison Service Boots.  And thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions as to what to select from Notre's stock.
Does EG line Galways in CC?  Or are they unlined like Galways in Utah?   I concur with the comments that Utah is extremely comfortable from day one.  EG's Utah leather is really a high quality leather.
Fees and duties
^ yeah, and that's just #4 and Ravello. Wait till he rolls out the rest.
Tough man! I don't touch my 10-11oz denim in the winter, let alone in the snow. Gotta be 14-15oz. I don't have any super heavy denim.
But they're not ZUG!!