or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Thanks, man.  Maybe a restock or you'll be able to get something similar on one of the future GMTOs.  (instead of the GSK??)
Finally got a chance to take some pics of these matte black Guidi calf boots that I've had for a month.  Already got eight wears on these, since I am really liking them.  I'm surprised that they've been selling somewhat slowly. I also got great news that my Guidi olive/brown calf boots are finally shipping from Brooklyn Clothing.  They are some great, stand-up folks there.    [[SPOILER]]
 They're somewhat "run of the mill" but the stock black CXL Vibergs are a plain toe.  And the stock brown CXL are a straight tip, no brogueing.  So they are somewhat different.  Can't tell for sure but it looks like the Leffot ones have partially structured toes.
 Thanks, DW, your input is much appreciated.  I love these boots and am much relieved that I didn't get a lemon.  I wouldn't sweat it.  As DW says, some lasts wear more like this than others.  Most of my boots wear more evenly across the whole sole, some more so than others although these are at one end of the extreme.  I have about 8 wears on these boots. 
 No, the boots actually fit perfectly.  For some reason, the way it appears to have been made is there is a curve to the sole so that the middle section is closer to the ground than the edges.
The wear pattern on the soles of these boots is different than any other pairs I have.  They're not any more uncomfortable than any of my other boots nor do they feel like I'm walking on just a "sliver" of the sole.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this before.  
 +2
Very nice, ryden.  I don't have any Vibergs in that color range unfortunately although I'm waiting on the Guidi olive/brown calf boots from Brooklyn Clothing that should fill that slot (if they ever get here).  Everyone needs Service Boots in that color range.
 Thanks, very helpful.  The orientation (not sure what to call it) of the 1035 is much more like my 2045 boots.  I.e., for the left boot, the orientation of the boot towards the toe for the 1035 is more to the center than kind of straight ahead, like in the 2030.
^^  I agree.  I lean toward the sleeker, tighter fit than a looser one.  Very nice.