or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

That horsehide leather looks fantastic!  Are those the ones on the 1035?
 Great color combo!  Great boots also, of course.
 I got my 32oz tin from Most Shoe Stuff.  They have it for $19.75.  Not sure what they charge for shipping (free after $75). http://www.mostshoestuff.com
 This Saphir Dubbin is interesting.  I started off treating my shell with Reno and then switched to VSC.  But I've been frustrated by how the creases "bloom" with the first step.  I've heard much discussed about shell blooming but it seems that the amount of bloom can be controlled with what the boots are treated with.  So do you find that Saphir Dubbin lessens or eliminates this bloom?
(I posted this on the EG thread in error.)   So my sister and brother-in-law (he's English) are in Stockholm visiting my nephew who lives there.  I emailed them and joking told them they should visit Skoaktiebolaget as I'd just ordered a pair of EG boots from them.  My brother-in-law's response?    "Your sister is wondering why you think we might want to visit one of the most expensive shoe stores in  Stockholm, in one of Europe's most expensive countries, to look at...
 Good input, thanks.  At this point, it's getting too involved and way too much effort for me.  I was just having some fun.  But I will try something other than HDLP the next time I want to treat these boots.
So my sister and brother-in-law (he's English) are in Stockholm visiting my nephew who lives there.  I emailed them and joking told them they should visit Skoaktiebolaget as I'd just ordered a pair of EG boots from them.  My brother-in-law's response?    "Your sister is wondering why you think we might want to visit one of the most expensive shoe stores in  Stockholm, in one of Europe's most expensive countries, to look at hand made shoes imported from England?"  I had...
 Patrick, it was your posts a while back that gave me the idea to try this.  I didn't have the cojones to try it on any of my "nice" boots so I tried it on a pair of OSB Trench boots that weren't getting much wear.  I was trying to get the nap-free look all over which I'm expecting to change as more wear sits in.  Maybe I put too much HDLP on as they're still tacky in some spots and it's been two days now.  I actually have them sitting outside in what sun there is today to...
Yeah, I was able to do that for my MTO deposit.  I used my own CC in PayPal and it gave me the option to use PayPal's conversion rates or the CC's conversion rate.  In the end, the CC conversion rate was lower but not by a heckuva lot.
I like the Woodlore Epics.