or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I wouldn't use silicone on anything.
Another question is what is "black rubber bonded leather" and what is the purpose/advantages of this material/leather?  Viberg showed some samples at Liberty with this material.
I'd like to know what's special about Guidi leather as well.  I've liked the looks of the Guidi leather on the boots/shoes I've seen, if not the style on all of them.  The prices on them is insane!  Is it just a cult thing or is there something very special about the quality, tanning process, etc.?
 Michael, your six months moratorium on shoe/boot purchases extends past March, so don't even think about the derbys.  If you don't think about them, you won't be tempted.  Just DON'T!!  I'm calling you out on this! 
 That's right, different strokes...
Yeah, I go even further. I don't wear a watch. Saves me a bunch.
 Alden doesn't have a monopoly on curved right shoes.  I found that one of my C&J boots has the exact same curve on the right boot.  Didn't notice it at all till I saw them on my boot rack the other day.  And the wear of the sole on that right boot does reflect the curvature although I never felt it when I was wearing them.
^ "more acceptable" but to me, still not acceptable.  What bothers me is less the misalignment of the brogueing but that the right shoe is still awkwardly curved upward on the inside.  I'd wonder what that would do to the wear on the sole.
 I picked up two of the LBMs during the sale.  I have the grey as well as the navy herringbone that's now gone.  Even though I have the grey and like it a lot, I would personally go with the navy.  The navy herringbone is a touch less casual than the grey or this navy pique, and heavier.  The chambray is pretty cool, too.
 Interesting.  I'm a 7.5D in Barrie and I have C&J Harlechs (341 last) and Conistons (325 last), all in 7E UK.  Feet are different so you might be fine.