or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

^ Those are awesome boots and I might be in on an MTO depending on the leather that's chosen.
To Boot New York - Kilburn Boots   -  Size:  8M   -  Style:  Plain toe boot with 4 eyelets/2 speed hooks   -  Color: "Marrone" (brown/caramel)   -  Leather: Soft glove-like leather   -  Commando-like sole and heel   -  Blake-stitched construction   -  Made in Italy   -  Shoe bags will be included (from another manufacturer as To Boot did not include bags)   Buyer pays shipping
Barneys Perforated Derby Boot   -  Size: 8M   -  Color: Dark brown   -  Style:  Perforated wingtip boot with side zip   -  Leather: Very soft glove-like calfskin   -  Sole:  Rubber sole and heel   -  Made in Italy   -  Blake-stitched construction   -  Shoe trees included   -  Shoe bags included (from another maker as Barneys didn't include bags)   -  Buyer pays shipping
 The only one I know about is Anatomica.  I'd be interested to know if there're others, too. ML cigar boots would be awesome.  Good luck.
 I think I remember someone commented back awhile ago that they believed boots that did not have laces (like cowboy boots, Chelsea boots, pull on boots, or ones like these) should not be treed.  Something about that these boots develop a "curl" as they break in and as such lessen the heel slip that one encounters when first wearing these types of boots.  Using trees would straighten them out and possibly cause more heel slip than if one didn't use trees. Please don't...
 I switched to a brown CXL WT boot  (41665) on the ML.  I actually have enough WT boots but I kind of liked how I imagine a WT ML boot would look.  I have quite a few Nat CXL boots but nothing in brown CXL yet, so that was another impetus.  CXL is a big favorite of mine, wrinkles and all.  Just love the patina it develops.  Next time I'm in Paris or in Tokyo, I plan to see if my budget will allow me to splurge on a shell ML boot (if they have anything that is).
 I was in on that ML kudu MTO with Moulded.  I got tired of waiting as that order never got confirmed by Alden (and I don't think it is yet either).  I checked with Rafael and he allowed me to switch my deposit to another order that was confirmed.  I expect delivery within the next month.
Hah, Mike, you'll be up at all hours now!  But now it won't be posting on this thread.  It will be doing you know what!   Big congrats to you and Adele (and to you, Atlmana).
^^ I'd want to say I have everything I need but some makeup inevitably pops up that I feel I have to buy.  So my project now is to get rid of as many boots that I can bear to part with.  And I'm glad I don't wear a watch because that could be extremely dangerous for my budget.
** SOLD ** Boots:  Wolverine Krause 1000 Mile made by Allen Edmonds Size:  7.5D (fits like an 8D) Color:  Russet Leather:  Horween Dublin, tanned similarly to shell cordovan Other attributes:   -  7 eyelet with black 360-storm welt   -  butyl leather sole with Vibram heel   I bought these new but as seconds from the Allen Edmonds Shoebank in Dec 2012.  The only defects I can see are that there seems to be extra creasing on the vamps and the left boot's toe cap may...