or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I would say most definitely.  I have both lasts and the Barrie is nice and snug where as the Modified in the same size has ample room in the toe box.  I've actually been able to size down a 1/2 on some Modified boots from my Barrie size.  But since you're an E in Barrie, I wouldn't do that.  Good luck.
 Yes, unstructured.  But the bison leather plus the lining makes it pretty sturdy so it will take a while before they collapse (if ever).
Thanks, but too big for me. Plus, just received the bisons so can't splurge on another pair till I thin out the herd.
For me, it basically comes down to the socks I wear with th boots. My 7.5 2030 and 2045 boots I wear with thicker wool socks. The 7's I wear with thin to thin-medium thickness socks. And yes, the 2045 has way more room in the toe box than a similar sized 2030.
 My camera and I do the best we can but I can't compete with some of the photographers on here.  You make good points. I also love the Cat's Paw heel and the Vibram 705 sole.  I agree that it provides better cushioning than Dainite.  The Cat's Paw heel particularly, feels definitely softer and more "cushiony" when the heel strikes.  Not sure if that means the heel will wear more quickly.  I think I've heard some folks say that Cat's Paw heels wear quickly.  And yes, the...
 I'll let one of the experts respond to you.  I only went for the basic MTO level 1.  As you're alluding to, level 2 implies increased cost and more flexibility but I don't know the details.  Plus, I got mine from Skoak and they are sadly discontinuing EG.  They used to have a description on their site that defined the levels.
 Thanks, guy.  Yeah, if you really want a "black" boot, these might not be black enough.  They really are a very deep brown.  And I think they'll lighten up even more with wear. Regarding waxed flesh, I love the way they look with wear.  Mine are brown waxed flesh and the areas where the wax gets worn off gets pretty nappy and lighter in color.  I just wish mine weren't on the 2045.  I don't think the last is good for my feet.  I wouldn't mind another pair, maybe black...
 Yes, I thought the vamp looked too small/short compared to the overall length of the boots.  But I'm looking at them IRL and realize I'm warming up to them.  I know what you're saying about the 2045's.  But my 2045's are 7.5, plus they're much bulkier and on a commando sole so I don't notice it as much.
 Thanks.  I actually purposefully selected them for two reasons: 1.  They were plain toe and most of my Vibergs are cap toe.2.  I liked that the soles were different from anything else I have. IRL, the "off-balance" nature of the boots really doesn't present itself too much.  It's mostly in the pics, I'm realizing.
 Interesting to go with veldt on the 202.  Guess that's why it was a level 2, huh? What leather did they make it with instead of the Utah?