or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

All my Service Boots are stitch down and I'm actually quite interesting in getting a GYW pair just to see how they are.  I do like stitch down but i'm not a Viberg GYW naysayer.
 yeah, and no heel counter either.

My boots for the next few days.  I realized too late I needed some sandals for my vacation in just over two weeks so bought these Birks.  I have to break them in so they don't kill me when walking on holiday.  I forgot how comfortable Birkenstocks can be.  I miss my boots already...    
 Congrats, those Galways are gorgeous as is your whole collection.  I had planned to accumulate at least 3-4 Galways but I'm stuck at one now and I might be done as well.  I had planned on smooth leather/suede and maybe smooth leather/grain combos on the 202. Those Shanklins are impressive.
While Vibergs might be "overpriced" (quotes mine) and "marketing", I think it is well accepted that they produce high-quality boots with unique leathers not found with many other work boot type manufacturers.  Yes, they have veered toward the fashion end of things and that might account for people willing to pay the premium to own them.   The "marketing" label can be applied to many manufacturers, resulting in a relative premium for their products.  It's all about...
Thanks. Interesting, seems almost like the concept of waxed flesh but rubber instead of wax.
What is rubberized leather?
^^ The color on those pics looks amazing!  Congrats!
 They might be.  Japanese are very much into vintage and work boot style footwear.  It's interesting but I can't remember who said that they were surprised how stylish everybody was in Tokyo.