or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I had always assumed Snowdens had bellows tongues since they've got Veldtschoen construction so it would make sense.  So I just checked the C&J site and sure enough, the verbiage does indicate a bellows tongue.  So go figure...
 I tend to agree that C&J designs their shoes/boots this way.  All my C&J boots have facings that come close to touching.  My boots from other makers are not like that at all.
 The other poster's advice is correct.  I am an 8D on the Brannock.  I have 2030s in 7.5 (thicker socks) and also in 7 (thin socks).  So I went down a full size for the 2030 for use with thin socks.  The most common advice is to go down 1/2 size from your Brannock or US size.  So to be safe, you should go with a 7 in the 2030 last.  If you've got medium to thinner feet, or you're on the smaller side of 7.5D, then you could go with a 6.5.
I was (nicely) called tunnel-visioned for pretty much wearing boots exclusively.  So I'm trying to remedy that (also partly due to it hitting almost 100F here now) and kopped the slate calf (low) tennis trainers.  I have the same in snuff suede and love them.  I get so many compliments on them as well as the Sienna brown high trainers.
 You are of course, so correct.  But I do think you are calling me tunnel-visioned.   JK, d*3.
 Spectacular, ryden.  The storm welt and color of the welt ad edging really make the shoe.
The horror!  For being almost exclusively a boot guy (other than trainers, I own only three pairs of shoes), I think I am opening up to buying some shoes in the near future.  Some of the EP/Alden guys are talking up a shell/suede saddle that sounds very interesting.  I also need a sleeker dress shoe to wear with a suit.  One factor that's spurring this on is it's already pushing 100F here now.  And I'm getting too old to wear boots in this heat.
 Mike, if that isn't enabling, I don't know what is.  I have a sort of obsessive personality (right now it's boots and raw denim and Rivet Chinos) so if I began with watches, I wouldn't have any budget left for EP wear!  I know I wouldn't be able to stop with just one watch.  Not a good idea. Question --- do you guys plan on coming out with something like the old Smith jeans?  In like a Wilshire cut?
   I've bought a few boots from their shop(s) on Jermyn St in London.  Once at the actual store and had them shipped (VAT removed).  They shipped UK ParcelForce/USPS so I paid no duty.  I've also ordered via phone as @eljimberino states and it worked the same way. I have the whiskey Harlech version from the first run (double leather sole) and it is an incredible color.  However, the brown Harlech has "arguably" more depth/patina in my opinion.  As far as another C&J, I...
 Yeah, other than the cost of making the switch, what holds me back is that I've got this distressing thing going on with my 2045's that I'm really liking.  New 2030 waxed flesh boots --- I'd have to start all over again.  But once I get past a few purchases higher on the priority list, I might just do that.