or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

He probably drives a Porsche.
 No offense taken.  :->>  I have 4 pairs of Service Boots on the 2030.  As I've said (probably too many times) before, the 2030 is the best fitting last for my feet across all manufacturers.  However, I do agree with you.  I am, in a way, bored with the 2030.  But it's hard to argue with a last that fits your feet perfectly. I have the SF waxed flesh on the 2045 but it doesn't work as well for my feet.  Maybe I'll just get another 2030 boot but with a Vibram 2060 sole to...
The Oscar last is my second best fitting last across all manufacturers.  They fit really well.
^ Oscar last?
 I'm interested in any IRL feedback as well.  For the longest time, I was never interested in non-leather soles other than Dainite or commando.  Now, ripple soles interest me and I wouldn't mind some Vibergs on the 2060 sole, just to change things up a bit and add some variety.  They seem like they'd be lighter and more comfortable, but that's just a guess.  I think they'd be a good boot for travel.
 I concur with Buda on everything above, particularly exposed eyelets. The swatches look great, Nigel!
Helpful input, thanks.
 I like your idea for the heel pull.  But I can go either way.  And thanks for all your efforts.
 Love the Doyle.
 I'm intrigued by Truman boots as well. Partly because I like variety and it would be fun to try another manufacturer.  So any additional comments you may have in comparison to the Barrie last would be helpful: - how does the toebox feel in comparison?- when you say a low volume vamp, do you consider the Barrie to have more volume?- how is the heel?  Particularly interested in the heel counter.  It looks like it comes up pretty high and is curved so that it would cup the...