or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

You guys are hilarious.
 Where are you seeing that the Garand is offered in 28/29?  I'm seeing 30 as the smallest size. I was looking forward to the Garands but if the leg opening measurements are correct, I don't they will work for me.  I love my Rivets but the leg opening of those are about the widest that I'd want to go.  I'd feel like I'd be wearing a boot cut at 8".  Too bad because those twill fabrics look great.
I wore my snuff suede trainers today in honor of me snagging me some cigars...
 As one of the ones who agreed that you were being "fussy", I want to commend you on the calm and reasonable way that you handled some of the comments coming your way. I know you've decided to keep the boots but I do agree with the others who said that if you will ever look down at the boots and be bothered about any of the imperfections and let them detract from the enjoyment of the boots, then you should probably return them.  But then you might have a heck of a time...
They look pretty much perfect, Mike!  I just wore mine a couple of days ago and they are still one of my faves.
I didn't see that last post...
 Thank god!  All the talk on the regular EP thread had me wanting to add cognac to my cigar.
 They will pair nicely with my snuff suede ones.  I can't believe you bought three pairs!  I was actually struggling between the cognac and cigar.  I was also tempted by the navy. But see, buying one pair of these actually saved me money.  I told myself that it was a choice between these trainers or one of the Viberg/SF collabs. I was close to taking the plunge on the bison makeup until the shell trainers dropped.  Plus, like you, I hadn't quite gotten my head around the...
 When I first heard about the shell trainers, I had the same concern as you.  But I thought they were going to be around $500 or so.  At this price, I decided to take the leap.  Here's the deal, for me anyway --- I don't wear any of my shoes every day.  Or usually even once a week.  So I expect these trainers to definitely last a few years.  I might get tired of them before they wear out. But that's me.  If you are very hard on your heels/soles, maybe this isn't for you. ...
 TG, I know how you feel.  I also am a pretty picky OCD kind of guy.  As @doctorman says, for the price point of AEs, you can't expect the quality, attention to detail and finishing that you would get for brands costing at least twice as much.  I don't know how long you've been buying shoes/boots at this price point or even higher, but you eventually get a sense of what to expect at the various levels. I actually owned a pair of the burgundy shell Daltons.  I returned the...