or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I am half-Japanese.  Does that count?
Although @dddrees and I don't agree on most things (at least we pretend we don't agree), I totally agree with him on this.  It certainly doesn't look like refinishing them will resolve it.  Calling on @DWFII.  You couldn't get a more knowledgeable response than from him, if he can tell from that pic.
 Congrats, I think you will love them.  I have the ones from Viberg and I am quite happy with them.  It's my first exposure to Aged Bark and I was surprised to find that it's essentially a nubuck type leather.  So unless you want to get rid of the very fine nap, you really can't condition them. Or maybe you can?  I know the nap will come back with wear.  I'm curious as to what others with aged bark are doing/going to do.
 You've solved my riddle!  I knew my 9 and 10-eyelet Service Boots reminded of something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.
Seeing @Joona's black shell Service Boots (they are awesome!), reminded me that I'm waiting on the Alden Ryden boot.  It will be a similar makeup.
Wow, what's that hostility for?
^^ Pretty amazing, @billymax!  I do love my 2030's but your collection is incredible.  Lots of good stuff there.  I am particularly drawn to your roughout bobcats.
  Wearing my Colour 8 CXL stitchdowns today.  Nothing special here except after wearing them for about a year, I thought they looked a little too red and I wanted to change things up so I slapped some black cream on them.  I'm happy with the results, with the almost variegated look adding some extra character.
 That's a pretty sweet Martin.  I've always wanted a Martin but only sprung for Ovations.  Can't imagine how much Martins cost nowadays, let alone a 1938. Back to shoes.  25 pairs is incredible, and I thought I owned quite a few Vibergs. There almost seem to be two camps of Viberg fans --- the rounder, more workboot camp and the more, dare I say, fashion boot oriented 2030 camp.  Most of my Vibergs are on the 2030 and that's not only because I like the shape of the last...
 My Galways are 64E and fit pretty much perfectly, aside from what I mentioned, that a stiffer, higher heel counter would work better for my feet.  It's always about personal preference and mine has to do with the fact that the ball of my foot is about normal width but my heels are quite narrow.