or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Not that I plan to do it, but I'm also curious about how one goes about waxing flesh/suede type leather. What type of wax, etc.
 http://brooklynclothingco.bigcartel.com/products But looks like they're out of size 8.  Give them a call, because I know they're working with Viberg to restock some of their makeups.
 Yeah, there's been feedback that the steep twill rust and golden (maybe others) seem to fade faster than usual.  Mike had recommended to use a dye fixative.  I just got my rust and golden a few days ago and went through the Retayne soaking process.  Unfortunately, the directions for Retayne stated that you couldn't use a He (high efficiency) washing machine.  So I soaked them manually in hot water for 20 minutes.  Seemed to do the trick as I washed them twice after that...
 That's correct.  I got an email a few days ago announcing that the tan horsehide boots would go on sale at noon PDT today.  Most of the popular sizes were gone in about 20 minutes.  Which is not too bad since the recent shell boots went in like, what, 5 seconds?
   Guilty as charged...(but probably something everyone of you would have done, right?....right???)
And btw, @Diabolical, congrats on your purchase.  They are some fine looking boots.  I was severely tempted.
 Not sure if you can sign up but I probably got mine because I've bought directly from them before.  Now that you've bought from them, you should get the emails as well.
They announced via email which I got almost a week ago.
I decided to pass on the Italian horse hide tan boots that just went up for sale on the Viberg site.  I'm ordered the Guidi olive/brown calf boots so can't justify another purchase so soon.  They're still a lot of sizes left.   I kept this quiet selfishly in case I wanted to purchase but I'm surprised nobody else announced it in the past few days.
For anyone who owns horsehide, what is it like? Tough, hard to break in? Soft, comfortable from the start? Creasing? Patina?