or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe...
 I have two pairs of the 10oz duck canvas Rivet Chinos and two pairs of the 8oz canvas Rivet Chinos and none of them has stretched to any appreciable effect.
 Although the 201 might be described as "slim" in some places, I really don't think it is a slim fit at all, and the thighs are not that narrow.  The 701 is definitely a slimmer fit than the 201, but still not really "slim".  Both these are unsanforized so yes, they will definitely shrink. Not sure if you're set on unsanforized denim because my opinion is that unsanforized denim is always a crap shoot as to whether you'll really end up with the fit that you want.  There...
 Thanks for the always helpful info, DW. 
I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you guys and hope that there is enough whiskey and that you get enough folks to jump in.   I haven't had mine long but I think the whiskey is already developing some complexity and depth.  It was a little "flat" to me at the beginning but it's looking better and better as it ages.  Unless it's just in my imagination?  Anybody else on the last MTO notice this?
 Coincidentally, another thread just discussed some boots made up in French Calf.  Since you've mentioned it, could you expound on what kind of leather French Calf is?  Is it a hardy leather?  Or is the term really just describing calf leather that's been tanned in France, which means it could run the gamut in terms of hardiness, quality, etc.
^ I would, too, but this is for the guys that missed out on that MTO.
My Alden boot laces are about 55".
 I bought the stock dark brown shell Harlech boots at the 92 Jermyn St store for £475 last October.  That was the price excluding VAT, since I had the boots shipped back here to the US.  I wonder what they're going for now?  The whiskey shell Harlech boots I got in the recent GMTO came out to £530, which was £500 for the boots (excluding VAT) and £30 for shipping.  So I'm guessing you guys would be paying at least £500, probably more. FWIW, I love the whiskey Harlechs, but...
 If you take the shoes with you, they will charge you the VAT and then you have to submit the paperwork at the airport.  If you elect to have them ship it to you in the US, then they will deduct the VAT.