or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I have committed heresy or a sacrilege on my Long Branch boots.  I pretty much only wear boots and I was getting pretty frustrated from having to hurriedly remove my boots at the TSA line when travelling. I didn't want to wear shoes and I considered Chelsea boots but couldn't quite get into them. So I arrived at side-zip boots.  But none of the brands I like and/or am knowledgeable about have side-zip boots.   I considered some nicer Italian boots (Marsell, Buttero, MMM,...
 Nothing wrong with being boot heavy with a boot collection like that!
^^  Well done!
Dainite is certainly more practical than a double leather sole.  It might also be a touch more comfortable.  I can't speak to durability as I haven't worn either long enough but I certainly don't see excessive wear on the leather.  Aside from practicality, there is just a "je ne sais quoi" about all leather soles that is very appealing to me. I like having Dainite or Commando at my disposal when needed but I think I'd pick double leather all things considered.
 Thanks, m8694.  You wouldn't think that Vibergs with stiff double leather soles would be comfortable but after only about a dozen wears, they are one of the most comfortable boots I own.  I have another pair of Guidi leather boots and they are extremely comfortable as well.  Although the Guidi leather might contribute somewhat to the comfort, I'm guessing it's just the fact that they're Viberg. Epaulet grey Wilshire denim.  Love the fit of the Wilshires.
Alright already...
Speaking of Guidi, wearing them today...  
 Thought that was an underwater picture at first.  Nice cap toes!
 Tif, I'll trade them with you for Ravello!!    Thanks, dubs.  I think you have a pair, too, no?
I like CXL and I like calf, too.  I also like shell.  I like variety.