or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

Thanks, Ryden. These boots are monsters, heavier than any of my other Vibergs except for the waxed flesh GMTO that we did. The leather is quite thick, accounting for the extra weight. However, they are very comfortable, and I'm guessing will be extremely comfortable once the leather softens up.
 Thanks for that info.
 Good explanation of the Foot Balance heel.  I don't have flat feet, in fact, I have decent arches, but my perception was that it gave a distinct feel of arch support.  But I can see how you say it prevents over-pronation.  I am a big fan of Alden's commando soles (not so much of the more official Vibram Commando sole, which is quite chunky).
 Yes, some Alden boots in tobacco chamois is on my list at some point.  Good comparison.
Finally received the aged bark boots from the USPS black hole.  Who knows where they were for 5 days?     Well, these certainly aren't WalMart boots.  I am impressed with how much character the aged bark leather has.  I think they are going to patina really nicely.  What's interesting is they are grain-side out, but what's weird is it has a very, very fine nap to it, like nubuck.  I know the leather is from a US tannery but not sure if it's from Horween or not.  If...
 Even boot guys have to acquire and own shoes for certain occasions.  Like, I am going to have to buy a pair of shoes for a new suit that I bought.  But since they'll rarely see the light of day, I can't justify the top tier and will settle for a Carmina or EB, I think. It's okay for boot guys to know a bit about shoes.  They're just not allowed to own more shoes than boots. 
   Maybe my feel are sensitive but I definitely notice a difference in the above two heels.  If I'm not mistaken, I think the curved heel is called a Thomas heel (or was the Foot Balance Erco heel)?  Mine aren't on the Trubalance last but I definitely feel that the Erco heel gives substantially more of a feel of arch support.  I actually quite like it.
 I hope so, too.  Thanks!
I'm going to get a complex if I keep hearing aged bark boots and Walmart boots in the same sentence.  That said, my incoming aged bark Service Boots look like they've vanished.  They left customs last Thursday and the USPS has no status after that and they were shipped Priority Mail.  Emailed the USPS so they'll hopefully find them.   On a separate topic, the Context horse butt or whatever leather is just amazing. I would have pounced if they weren't on the 2045 last.
Really tempted by those teak horsehide trainers. But being a boot guy, I better wait for the unfinished highs due in Oct/Nov.