Posts by BootSpell

Thanks! You will enjoy them and they'll be perfect for foul weather. Built like tanks!
Crockett & Jones ZUG (Heather Gorse) Snowdon Boots – 6.5E (UK)   These boots were a GMTO organized on Styleforum in late 2015 and delivered in April 2016.  They are in excellent pre-owned condition, having been worn only ten times, and never in rain or snow. They are presumably waterproof but I have never tested this.   The boots are fully lined in tan calf leather.  The style is cap toe but in reality a faux cap toe, with just stitching to give it the appearance of...
 I had the same experience, although I was wearing some Chups.  But I really struggled.  As you say, once on, the fit was great.  I was concerned with such a heavy Chelsea boot, that there would be quite a bit of heel slip but I am very happy with the fit.  As others have said, I find them slightly narrower at the front but no discomfort, although I haven't walked a mile in them yet.  Very happy with them and a really nice change up from my other Vibergs.
Mine arrived.  Fit is perfect, same as 2030.    
 Great news!
I'd forgotten how light the unfinished horsehide started out, although I think my first pair started out darker than these new ones.  
Can't remember if we get shipping notices or not. Anyone remember?
What are the ones with the half soles? Cats Paw? I like how the heels on those look cleaner without the layer of Dainite. But whatever, I'm stoked to receive mine!
Subscribed.
 Me: -  C&J 341 last (Harlech): UK 7 (quite roomy on me)-  C&J 325 last (Coniston):  UK 7 (good fit)-  EG 64 last (Galway):  UK 7.5 (perfect fit)-  Viberg 2030 last (Service Boot):  Viberg size 7.5 (medium/thick socks).  I can fit into a size 7 with thinner socks.  I have both sizes and am happy with either. So the standard recommendation for you should be a size 9.5 in Viberg's size. You might be risking it but a size 9 might work as well. Good luck.