or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

The general advice is to go with the same size in Trubalance as the Barrie. Yes, you can switch to a different sole (as they're Goodyear welted) but not with Alden recrafting.  They will only do what the shoe originally came with. You would have to go to another cobbler, i.e., B. Nelson in NYC.  That's my understanding.
 They look great!  Enjoy.
So perfect, Mike. Gorgeous!
 Those are just going to develop so well.  Congrats!
 Those boots really look great.  I'm not sure what the exact definition of "blind eyelet" is, but as you, I always thought there would be "hidden" grommets (visible on the inside).  One of my 8-eyelet Viberg Service boots do have hidden grommets.  My 10-eyelet Service Boots have no grommets, just like your dusty black boots.  I haven't had any problems but I haven't worn them all that much yet. If you're really going to wear them hard, then I could see there possibly being...
 From Moulded Shoe: I was told by Rafael at Moulded that the machines can't handle a double leather sole on the Modified last (for some reason).  That's weird because I have a Modified last Nat CXL PT boot from TSM that does actually have a double leather sole.  So not sure what the story is.
 Yeah, you've worn them much more than I have and they sure look awesome. And yes, salt and any other grime, chemicals, etc. can do a number on your boots. However, I would take care of the toplift as another poster mentioned.  If you haven't gone through the rubber to the leather, it should be easy and inexpensive to replace the toplift.  Otherwise, you'll have to have the stacked leather portion replaced as well.  And it likely won't be any where as good a quality...
Wow, I thought I had some pretty good wear on mine but you've got me beat by far. Those look awesome! How often are you wearing them?
That's a good fit and a nice color.
 I have a few CT boots in brown so I've told myself that this makeup would be too duplicative.  And my colour 8 Service Boots lean to the brown end of the color spectrum.  However, your picture of the brown CXL Service Boots has got to be the best I have seen yet.  They almost look like shell in that picture.  Has my resolve weakening.