or Connect

Posts by BootSpell

I only just bought some boots, my first on crepe.  I previously avoided crepe but I am now a believer.  Aesthetically they're not that pleasing, but the comfort is quite an amazing surprise to me.  In general, I still prefer double leather JR or Dainite if the need calls for it, but if you need to be on your feet or walking all day, crepe is the way to go.  Great soles for taking on a trip, when you anticipate walking around and/or on your feet all day.
I must be strange, too.
I almost think Viberg should approach this as a lottery.  There's just too much competition to make it FCFS.
^  Yes, those NatCXL Trenches have aged beautifully.
Some with patience will break them in on carpet for a few wears to lessen this effect. I don't always have that patience.
 "anti-shell campaign"??  Did I miss something that rydenfan posted?  I just hope my stock Harlechs develop patina like those Skye 2's.
 I wouldn't mind a pair of these but the Carmina lasts I'm familiar with (I actually only own one pair of Carmina boots and they're on the Oscar last) all seem much "dressier" and sleeker than the Barrie last, which the Thor boots were going to be based on.  I'm kind of on a work boot kick now so am leaning towards lasts that are not too sleek.  But I'll probably get over this phase at some point. Thanks for the input.
I am really ready for my first Vibergs and starting another expensive obsession.
Thanks. Going to wear them already all over this city on my last day here.
Visited Lakota House in Tokyo searching for shell boots on the Modified last. Was really hoping for ravello and cigar but no luck. The guy told me that the rare shell colors are now just that, extremely rare. All they had were #8 and black (both PT boots). At 110,000 Yen (about $1100), I couldn't bite. But they had some boots on the Military last, which I've never tried. Given my obsession with Viberg right now, the Military last was very appealing to me. The toe...