or Connect

Posts by Nonk

I have been missing for a while, although I doubt if anyone noticed or cared!!! I have been very unwell recently, suffering that last great taboo illness (Mental health issues. If you really want to find out who your friends are, try suffering from it. I should patent the invisibility it confers and sell it to the government) and indeed have had a couple of what we shall call not strictly 'voluntary' stays in hospital. I'm really trying to get my life back together...
Well I for one welcome our conservative overlords.
Red Ken was sacked in London!
Quote: Originally Posted by Shraka Except that now you are more dangerous to people who drive small cars and way more dangerous to pedestrians. So your own safety is worth the risk of harming other people? It's also harder to avoid an accident in an 'SUV' as they don't handle or brake as well as a sedan or hatchback and have a higher center of gravity. SUVs also have reduced visibility for low speed bumps, which is especially dangerous for pedestrians....
I was rather making the point that before we all start slapping each other on the back and getting out the cigars, 70k of them fought for Hitler. I was testing her to see if she was aware of that.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Ellis And Princess Michael of Kent is also a hun. She's something of a Brunnhilde now past her prime but used to be quite a sweetheart. Has allegedly played around a bit. His father was also quite a dresser in thirties, quite the equal of his brother, but he was killed in an aircrash during the war. I know, although I don't think you understood my use of the word 'hun'. It was a pun that Conne would get if...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Ellis Even in the Indian cavalry which was much more meritocratic and basically middle to upper middle class you needed private money. My relation was commissioned but in the infantry, he couldn't afford the cavalry between the wars. Actually most people don't realize that the Indian army inflicted the greatest numerical defeats on the Japanese army during WW 2. In Burma they fought several engagements where the Japanese...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara From the FAQs page: " In marrying a Catholic, Prince Michael lost his place in the succession as an automatic consequence of the 1701 Act of Settlement, which states that a member of the Royal Family can not remain in the line of succession if he marries or becomes a Catholic." Yay for deep-seated religious discrimination! Looking forward to a Protestant Pope...
The Royal Greenjackets were amalgamated last year with the Royal Gloucester Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry, the Devon and Dorset Light Infantry, and the Light Infantry to form The Rifles. Check out this link for a lengthy document on current uniforms. http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regt...form/index.htm
I had already been in the Army 2 years by that age and was serving on operations in Northern Ireland. Not that I am advocating that as a serious choice for you.