or Connect

Posts by Nonk

I am just taking this chance to warn the members off that I have recently acquired a stock of beautiful Pantherella socks. The details will follow as soon as I have the photos taken and postage costed, but I will offer them to the forum members here at a very competitive reduced price before I list them on Ebay. They a variety of cotton lisle and nylon mixes (70/30, 80/20 etc) are in a variety of 'base' colours, including blues, greens and purples. (I have of...
I managed to miss this being absent for a while, but I placed my order today. Looking forward to my goods Kent!!! Edit: I have just received my items and I am delighted. Thy are beautiful and I am now a convert to linen and cotton for dress hankies. The unofficial/official SF hankie is getting a runout to church in the morning! Thanks Kent, lovely times, impeccable service.
I would go for the original 'Monty'. WWII vintage ones come up occasionally on ebay, (I have one), and Gloverall themselves did remake them a few years ago. Sadly I cannot find any of the new ones still available online and gloverallls own website is still listing a catalogue that is afew years out of date. They were sold here: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Glover...eige-1163.html It appears Silvermans (a well known surplus store in the UK) has one brand new...
[quote=Charlie;1321486] Quote: Originally Posted by Nonk Is is not really intended for business as I don't 'work' (in the strict sense) and plan on never doing so again!QUOTE] Wow. I wish I could say something like that . . .. Lazy student/ wannabe academic. After 19 years in the military and Police I don't classify it as 'work' in the strict sense. I have not been injured yet due to it, I get to sleep in a bed every night and if I...
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Foxx looking forward to photos when you go for a fitting/ upon completion of your suit. I'm always amazed when gents buy SB suits with peaked lapels, which seem more of a special occasion or social setting suit than for conservative businesswear, but to each his own. Is is not really intended for business as I don't 'work' (in the strict sense) and plan on never doing so again! Plus whats the point in...
I have metal tips added to most of my shoes, as I do tend to wear down the tips of the sole quite quickly. There is a long tradition of this in the UK and most highstreets will have a heel bar type outfit who can supply and fit them. (Timpsons etc) The more complex matter of having flush tips added can be undertaken by any competent cobbler and indeed is also a popular traditon here in military circles. My father ( a sdid I) had all his dress uniform and civilian...
I emailed Thurston today and got a rather prompt telephone response. As I live in Leicester where they are made, I was invited to call round this week to discuss my requirements in person! Great service. Thanks for the replies.
It is with great excitement that I have to report that I finally made the leap and ordered my first bespoke suit today. (First for me, I own a Savile Row bespoke suit that I picked up in Bertie Wooster’s on the Fulham Road, previously having belonged to some now presumably long dead Guards Officer) I visited Coleman’s in Leicester today and having threatened it for a few years, ordered a suit from Barry Coleman (...
Can anyone direct me to a seller of decent quality braces with brown leather ends? Thurston seem to have black or white only. Has anyone tried their bespoke service? Is it at much additional cost over their rtw lines (They are made where I live, perhaps I can bluff a visit to the factory!) I am after a pair of purple braces with dark tan leather ends and a pair of navy braces with the same to support the new fishtail back cords I have just bought.
Can anyone recommend a source for a reasonable quality dark tan leather case/cover for an iphone? I have had a scan online and ma underwhelmed. I would prefer a simple cover, no dreadful belt attachment nonsense, just something stylish to protect it. Thanks in advance.