or Connect

Posts by Nonk

Dear members, I have just noticed that Smyth & Gibson, a shirtmakers who have only ever sold out of their boutique in Belfast have now gone 'online'. http://www.smythandgibson.com/ These shirts are beautiful, I have 2, although I would say they were both bought in sales. I'm poor. If you have been throwing £75 or £80 a shirt at Hilditch & Key for example, I would definitely try here instead, there is no comparison. Any forum members already have one of...
Ok, so how do I upload pics? I have tried doing just one and I get a message telling me it is too big? Sorry, I am a computer biff
Can I get add a second vote for Conway Stewart. Just received my Silver Lava Duro back from their 'care' department, as it didn’t work from the day I got it and bits had since broken off. I sent it to them in the original, unnecessarily large presentation box in which it came on purchase (for which I no doubt I paid through the nose) and how do they return it? How do they return it to an already disgruntled and unhappy customer? In a cheap plastic case, only...
I have just taken delivery of a Christy's bowler (wool felt, not fur) from ebay and sadly, despite ordering my normal hat size, it is just too snug for comfort. (This from a quick try on before I left the flat this morning) Now this is where the sage advice of Style Forum members comes in handy. I am only used to wearing soft hats these days, caps or maybe a trilby at best, so of course a stiff hat such as a bowler will feel differently, but I am not prepared to...
Thanks for the interest gentlemen. I called into Coleman's yesterday to have a few alterations done on some other times and my 5m of cloth has arrived. It is wonderful and Mr Coleman spent a little time with me chatting about it. I think the main issue I am going to have with this process is impatience! I was hopeful that just maybe it would be ready by Remembrance Sunday, but that seems very unlikely now. Shame, it would have cut a dash with my new Bowler....
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter Some quick questions for you guys... Right now I'm the regular mach 3 razor, aerosol can gel kind of guy. I think my shaves are ok and there's minimal razer burn (although some)... 1. Is this whole world of badger brushes, shaving soaps, single blade razors, etc just for people who have difficulty with shaving? (bad/difficult skin, heavy growth, particularly picky partners, etc) 2. Can I start somewhere, eg...
I have really enjoyed the pics, thanks Matt. Best of luck with your new venture.
I have recently ordered cords from this guy on ebay: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tails-and-t...09088017QQtZkm I will post a review when they have arrived and been worn a while. Pakeman Catto & Carter are a long established online seller. I should warn you they are very heavy! http://www.pakeman.co.uk/products.php?cat=265 My all time favourites were from Clarke & Dawe in Belfast, but sadly they don't sell onlne. (bright colours and not too heavy)
Funnily enough I cleaned my miniatures and full size medals a few days ago while on a polishing frenzy. I bought some new duraglit especially, to prevent the emergency, pencil eraser fiasco of a few years ago.
Out of interest, what is the award you have?