or Connect

Posts by Nonk

Quote: Originally Posted by Wings_2006 I have to say that I kind of agree with the residents on this one. It's like the small town in NY where the housing market was booming and then a jail was built and the relatives of the convicts started moving in. The quality of some of these people unfortunately forced the housing market in that particular area to drop which ultimately hurt the town itself, which is a shame, it was a rather nice town. Anyway, we...
Some of the forum members may be aware of this issue from the UK press. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770 It is often the first port of call for servicemen and women returning home after being wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan. Soldiers who may have lost limbs or suffered severe trauma spend months rebuilding their lives at Headley Court military rehabilitation centre. But when an Armed Forces charity decided to buy a £ 1.7million...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nantucket Red All this hand-wringing over one new poster who asked an admittedly "silly" question and got his knickers in a knot because he got a few wisecracks in reply? WTF did he expect? Agreed. I took the initial post to be an elaborate and amusing 'wah' and responded accordingly. No offence was intended to the member. If I and others are to be berated for our response, I would point out that we did...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nonk I have not seen Clarinteplayer for ages? I can now confirm that clarinteplayer is still alive!
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter that's the way I feel, every morning..... Nice one!
You are welcome.
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater If I ever go to England I'm going to wear a regimental stripe every day and if anyone says something I'm going to say that it's the stripe for the "Imperial Macedonian Guard" Fair enough, as they are unlikely to beat you to a pulp in the street, unlike some Guardsmen just back from 'The Stan'.
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Yeah, we should all reciprocate for the respect that the English show for other cultures. There are other cultures?
Another cultural Chernobyl.
Wah!