or Connect

Posts by NoVaguy

Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 MMM, I wish it was darker black instead of greyish/faded black. [[SPOILER]] They look nice, but also look loose on your feet. I think I see a gap at the heel and at the instep, plus there is no space at the tongue (the space between the eyelets). I would prefer some space to account for the stretching as they break in.
Quote: Originally Posted by TimelesStyle Nobody? Let me ask this a different way: Would $179 for a true Goodyear welted shoe ever be a horrible ripoff if you like the style of the shoe? It would be if it is (1) cheap corrected grain uppers; (2) non-leather leather soles; and (3) cardboard/plastic interiors/heels. Goodyear welt does not automatically equal high quality, although it usually is an indicator of such. Military corfam shoes...
Quote: Originally Posted by whusurdadi Polo by EG (?) 9.5/10? Tarelton II boots $118/$330 I had a pair of these a while back and sold them - they're probablly not EG. My guess is that they are C&J, Alfred Sargent, or Sanders. Most likely C&J. They may run a little big, but I was fine with my usual size, based on trying them on (but not wearing). I think they may be cut a little looser to account for the fact that one is unlikely to...
Quote: Originally Posted by soxpats That's was a huge mistake. That will be talked about more then when pats went for it on 4th and 2 against the Colts. Wow! This game is a shocker. Have to give props to Seattle. that was a good call, i think. punting to the colts is basically losing the game - even with the typical punt, i still think peyton is highly likely to drive to score and win - that pats D was not stopping peyton regardless of it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas this thread is going to be a real shit show after the seahawks win. TS vs. the world. The Saints will crush the Seahawks, assuming I did the matchups right - I even think theres a good shot at the Saints returning to the SuperBowl, todays lost notwithstanding. All the other NFC teams have questions - the Eagles are always one hit to Vick away from the season ending, so even if they get by the Pack next...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Arguably, statistics say that Cassel had a better season than Vick anyway. Vick Pass Rtg: 100.2 Comp %: 62.6 Pass Yards: 3,018 TD's: 21 INT's: 6 Fumbles: 11 Fumbles Lost: 3 *Record: 8-4 Cassel Pass Rtg: 98.8 Comp %: 60.2 Pass Yards: 3,001 TD's: 27 INT's: 5 FBL's: 3 FBL's Lost: 1 *Record: 10-4 *Record is determined by games started. Out of the 3 games Vick didn't start, the Eagles won 2....
Quote: Originally Posted by kwright11 Hey, I'm thinking of buying a number of CT shirts and need some sizing help. I'm 6'1, about 190 pounds, athletic build (college athlete). Some examples of shirts that fit me well right now would be polo custom fit size large, and I wear a 16.5, 34. That said, I was wondering how much of a difference the slim fit really is from the classic fit? If there was a shirt I really liked in the classic fit would I still be...
Quasi-regret reading up on the past week of this thread. Anyway, I agree with Manton here, and also think MS adds no value to this forum. And for what it is worth, I don't like that crappy "you mentioned your daughter" defense of MS. I hope Manton will continue to participate if he wishes, but very much understand if he doesn't, having personally cut back my involvement on this forum as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 Still waiting for the other shoe to drop--Phils trading one of the other three. I doubt it. Cole Hamels is affordable; Roy Oswalt has a short contract, and Halladay is Halladay, the best pitcher of the past decade. The Phillies are hoping to ride the four for at least the next couple of years - the 4 should be a solid chance to get an average of 65 wins every season for next couple of years, if...
extremely happy today... for the money, would rather have cliff lee instead of werth, even though I don't like longterm pitching contracts. but that's a 2014 problem, not a today problem. these guys are going to tear through the nl east lineups. obviously, the phillies have offensive problems. everybody thinks of them as a power hitting team, but they're really just a bad pitcher hitting team and haven't been a good offense since maybe 2007 (they were just decent in...