or Connect

Posts by NoVaguy

That wasn't my point - my point was the hit to those obamacare plans may not outweigh the hit to doctors and patients with non-obamacare plans if market consolidations were allowed to go through.I am more universal health care by any means than wedded to single payer, although politically single payer would be easier to sustain as broad programs are usually easier to administer than complicated programs.And I am even more pro antitrust law than anything else. Market...
People are saying this is related to DOJ not approving their merger with Humana, not cost related.http://www.businessinsider.com/aetna-humana-merger-reason-for-leaving-obamacare-2016-8http://fortune.com/2016/07/22/aetna-humana-mega-merger/Going from 5 big insurers to 3 seems really problematic to me (I think another merger attempt involving Cigna and Anthem was also blocked). If it had been approved, less competition among insurers would have led to higher premiums for...
Cherry picking too much? It's because Perot polled as high as 39% (good for 1st place) in the summer before he dropped out and before getting back in the race in September.
One of those is Rasmussen, which I would discount until about late September or so. Stick to the RV polls for now.Letting Cruz speak was not a good decision.
This was my understanding too.If it was Trump-Christie at the top and Pence in the governor slot, it might have turned into a close but consistent Democratic sweep in Indiana for the big 3 statewide races. I could have seen a Trump narrow loss, a Pence loss, and decent Democratic Senate pickup as Bayh just jumped back in for the Democrats.As it is, I think the GOP will hold the EVs and the Governor's mansion, and the Senate seat is still a tossup to lean GOP. The Indiana...
You don't need to out the identity of a CIA agent to debate the issue against Ambassador Wilson.
Huge difference between outing a CIA agent as political retaliation against her husband and emailing subordinates on a private email server about the "top secret" drone program.I didn't know who the fuck Valerie Plame was before she got outed. I knew about the "top secret" drone program before Hillary was secretary of state.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/anti-donald-trump-forces-see-convention-coup-as-within-reach-1467839099 Hidden behind the wsj paywall, but according to quotations elsewhere, some guy's "count shows just about 890 delegates are personally loyal to the New Yorker. Another 680 oppose Mr. Trump. That leaves 900 delegates who are presumed to be “in play,” he said." My guess is that the 680 is heavily comprised of Cruz people, as he has 550 delegates and managed to get some of his...
If they're unbound, they can vote for Mitt. The paperwork is for fundraising, not for being a convention candidate.Main problem with this scenariois hard money fundraising. Mitt can get the soft money, but a dollar of hard money is probably worth about 2 dollars to the RNC commitees and worth 5 or 10 dollars of soft money to the super pacs. I'm not sure Mitt can get 150 million in hard money by November if he gets the nomination on July 22nd, and he really would need it...
She's really vulnerable, but not to Trump (or Cruz). Either Rubio or Kasich would crush her, for example (maybe not - the electoral math is really bad for the gop in general). Convention rules committee really should consider an unbinding resolution, except I think Cruz would have the real delegate support and win on the first ballot in the delegates were unbound.