or Connect

Posts by NoVaguy

Founded in 1995. Its arbitrary because its the entire lifetime of that particular incarnation.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Entertainment_ResortsI believe the creation of this entity is part of the reason why Trump has been able avoid paying taxes.
I think because it became public in 1995, so we can look at the numbers from then.I know he was losing a ton of money in 1990-1994 and I believe his AC ventures actually had multiple bankruptcies in the early 1990's, so its not like stretching further back to 1990 or 1985 will improve things for him.
People get masters degrees because other people want to hire people like that.And companies really do try to avoid people with health problems.
Hard to tell without really sitting down and looking at it the full text, but Price's own summary section seems to suggest that there are an awful lot of opt outs, including ways to opt out of medicare and opt out of other insurance pools (medicaid, tricare, va benefits, fehbp and employer plans all appear eligible for opt outs). Somebody will need to look and see what the death spiral implications are if it results in private insurers creaming the healthier...
Its still the start of c a good idea. Obstruction generally favors the conservatives. Dems are not very far and could easily have presidency and senate by 2020. More judges would be better for system anyway.(And there's the fact that judges tend to get more liberal as they see more cases, anyway).
This is why the Dems need to just suck it up and ban the filibuster if they sweep in 2020 (and why they should have in 2008). Large number of GOP members believe that government doesn't work, and the filibust allows them to break it. Basic issue paths become:1. GOP minority says policy won't work, filibusters; Dem majority (less than 60 fails) to pass bill due to filibuster, GOP minority says this proves government can't work. Example of this would have been...
It is used every day now. It was used or threatened to be used every day from 2009-2015.The key contribution that McConnell made was understanding that putting everything, including noncotroversial matters, under filibuster was of ernomous tactical and strategic advantage in the Senate due to timing rules.Under Senate procedure, you can't just have the filibuster vote. Once you call the vote, you eat up a certain amount of legislative time because procedure delays the...
The filibuster is ridiculous and needs to go. Its essentiallya creation of Aaron Burr, and not part of the original design.The occasional benefit to the minority is not worth the way it corrupts democracy and elections.
I think he can break Obamacare but won't be able to privatize Medicare and might be hesitant on Medicaid due to the Senate. If the Dems are smart they'll vote no on all of these. Disproportionate number of white working class rely on all of these at some point. Letting the GOP completely responsible for breaking obamacare and beating them on medicare/medicaid is an easy recipe for the Dems winning by 2020 simply because of the carnage the GOP will inadvertently wreak on...
I'll be surprised if Trump passes a huge infrastructure spending bill in Paul Ryan's congress. More likely than not he'll try to pass a huge targeted tax deduction for construction bill and call it an infrastructure bill. Doubtful the same amount of infrastructure will be built as if it was pure spending. And in any case, very little of it will benefit the rural and exurban white working class. It'll probably just inadvertently benefit the wealthier parts of the cities...