or Connect

Posts by Putonghua73

I am done with buying shoes with leather soles in London [UK]. Standing on the train during the journey home, and I notice the skies darken. Then the heavens open and release a deluge just as I'm arriving at my stop. Although it is but a 7 minute walk to my home, I check my soles of my leather shoes [wholecuts, Meermin classic range] to find, lo and behold, the beginning of a hole in the leather sole. This is my 4th frickin' pair of shoes with leather soles that requires...
This.In the opening chapter of 'Dressing the Man', Flusser makes the comparison between clothing and architecture: both have underlying principles based upon structure. In terms of clothing [suit / odd jackets], it is a man's physiology - his physical proportions - that governs what cut / style is most appropriate for his features. For all the love of everything Neapolitan, the cut and attitude will not be appropriate to all. As mentioned before, my particular physique -...
PGs 2014 RTW Guide Suit Supply. You're welcome.
Snap! Glad to see that you followed suit, given the fact that you're Korean /off tangent It took me ages before I forced myself to listen to Gangnam Style. It then took another age before - like Lady Gaga's 'Pokerface' - to admit its genius and pop sensibilities./on tangent @Rudals, how many suits do you now own? What styles? Colours?
I dislike ties 1-2 & 4 in these images. Way, way too much saturation. Claghorn or Cleav sport some excellent sedate tie choices that compliment their navy suits.
I like cognac [colour], but it involves a more thought to get right, than say a dark brown - such as Cleav is wearing in his images - which is a lot more versatile. I'm not keen on double monks at all, although I would admit that cognac monks are a handsome shoe. In terms of the sartorial rules / guidelines, since this is a HS graduation then you have a lot more leniency than a work environment (especially CBD). Your shoes will work with your suit, although a dark brown...
I love this Cantarelli SC from NMWA. There are a couple of concerns however: spalla camicia shoulder Linen US / Canada shipping I have rounded, sloping shoulders; therefore, I need a little bit of structure in the shoulder. I have only tried on a few suits / SCs from various makers. I love what Suit Supply are doing, but their cuts and design choices do not suit my stylistic requirements nor my figure. The only cut that worked for me was the London - however, even the...
I've shied away from pocket squares for a number of reasons; not least their level of formality / dandyism is not suitable for my business casual work environment (I wear a suit most of the week, with SC and mid-grey trousers on Fridays / when I'm too tired to fuss with a tie), and I'm still putting the finishing touches to my basic wardrobe (alterations tailor). The use of a PS immediately draws attention; thus, until such time that I have confidence with my fits,...
From viewing form the sidelines, I can't help feel that we need a recap and a reassessment of where Rudals is at, and where he wishes to take his next sartorial step before he even thinks about opening up his wallet. From what I gather so far: 1. Prefers suits 2. CBD environment 3. Previously preferred fashion forward style re: narrow collars Can we have a recap of: 1. How many suits? 2. What cut / style? 3. What colour and material? 4. What accessories re: belts and...
I have recent experience with the following shirt makers: Charles Tyrwhitt (1 shirt) Stephen Haroutunian (5 shirts) Harvie & Hudson (2 shirts) Charles Tyrwhitt & Stephen Haroutunian are very similar price when bought in bulk e.g. £100 for 4 and £80 for 3 respectively. The latter use Thomas Mason fabrics. Both are good quality for the paltry amount that you can buy shirts. I would say that Stephen Haroutunian are better in terms of the basic business patterns than...