or Connect

Posts by Putonghua73

Given that you are getting married in the Summer, then you do not have as much time as you think. In terms of costs [shoes], the minimum acceptable shoes - in terms of leather uppers, construction, etc - are probably Meermin or Loake 1880. The former are a Spanish company, with online ordering; the latter are British and made in the UK (Loake 1880 range). Costs are c160 euros and £209 respectively. If you do not like the lasts, then there are Barkers, Cheaneys, Alfred...
@Hirsh, Sorry to hear about your health problems and your prognosis. I was mildly bemused to read about your health condition in one breath, juxtaposed with excitement about Hawes & Curtis! A little bit of synchronicity, because I was reading SF on my iPad and thinking about this thread - whilst reading about RTW shirts in London - as my tube pulled through Brent Cross en route home (NW London to East London) from work. I have only within the last year bumped up my...
I was planning to use Pinnas and Needles to alter a suit and taper some flannel trousers, but I cannot get to them by 18:00 in the week. Sadly closed on Saturdays. I'll try Ramon Tailoring (now trading as Hildago Brothers) and provide a review.
Good call, Mifune. I found PG yesterday via another link at Bespokeme, whilst reading an article on Nino's (Brewer Street, Soho). Here's PG's 2013 Shoe Edition guide
Shoes explained English shoes quality hierarchy Shoe Fights: SF Building a Ready-to-Wear Shoe Hierarchy Shoe Makers by Country What Makes a Good Shoe The above should help / or at least be a very good starting point. You should also peruse the following FAQ: Style Forum 101: A Menswear Primer There is a section on footwear, including links to reference articles that will help answer the majority of your questions with a bit of judicious reading (inc. your shirt & tie...
于红梅 (Yu Hong Mei) - she's an accomplished erhu classical musician. Check out 'Spring Scenery in South Yangtze River'.
Gentle bump because I'm in the midst of finishing my basic wardrobe and shoe collection. The latter has given me much consternation due to a couple of impetuous choices a few years back re: black whole-cuts and dark brown quarter-brogue cap toe oxfords. I'm finally getting use out of the whole-cuts due to wearing them as dress shoes whilst my black oxford cap toes are being re-soled; I haven't really worn the dark brown ones beyond a dozen times because of sizing issues...
Some may suggest that £8-£1k is still very much entry level MTM in London. Check out the following threads that have partially answered your question: MTM Below £1k MTM Suit in London Use the search function - however inadequate - liberally and read around the subject. However, do not expect much beyond the options posted in the above threads. It might be an idea to post pictures of your Dress2Kill suits for (1) feedback on Dress2Kill's MTM operation from more informed...
@CrimmyS, No need to apologise - although the general sentiment in this thread is that your questions have been answered many, many times. The search function isn't the best by any stretch, but you can glean some useful information. I've saved you some time by enclosing a couple of threads which I would recommend that you peruse. First, let's start with some basic principals: How should I start my business wardrobe An excellent primer that should be read, re-read and...
@GMMcL I'm 40R. Measurements: Chest 40, Shoulders 18, and BOC 30. However, I'll re-measure for accuracy. Whilst I am looking for foundation SCs, I'm in browsing mode at the moment because I bought a new suit a few weeks back that I've only recently taken to be altered (just remembered that I need to pick it up today!), had a couple of shoes re-soled, and bought a couple of work shirts and a black belt. The latter was when I realised that I had left the house in a hurry...