or Connect

Posts by paskaldjay

I thought buying a 50mL Saphir Wax is not a bad idea although you've that Barker one. From my experience, Saphir is one of the Best polish you'll find, very easy to apply & get a deep penetration to the leather. IMHO, buying a new one also give a chance to compare it with Barker & post it right here
  Some japanese online shop still got it in limited color & qty. With same price like the new one (Pommadier) it's totally a really good offer.  I just purchased a Light Brown one & totally satisfied with the result. Since it's my first time to use MDO Cream, I'm quite surprised by it's ability to get in onto the Leather, much better than other cream I've used before like the japanese Columbus Leatherian Gold or Boot Black. And of course a sweet, natural odor that come...
I've bought some Boot Black products, like Wax & Cordovan Cream. Really nice, especially the wax, I smell it like a fruity Gum though although not spread as smooth as Saphir & the smell still very chemical compared to Saphir which more natural IMO   A Boot Black Wax Polish in Mahogany   A Boot Black Cordovan Cream in Burgundy   I bought it from Japan. The 50mL Wax cost 1000 Yen each, more expensive than imported Saphir MDO that cost 800 Yen in Japan. Personally I...
  Above was my first Trial with Saphir. I use both Saphir & Kiwi, in order to know the difference that Saphir offers. I use standard procedure on this wax application   1. Apply the Wax with my fingers 2. Wait it dry for 10 minutes 3. Brush with Horsehair Brush (I use Collonil) 4. Buff with Stocking for 3 minutes each shoe (I still don't know what the correlation between Wax & water. I've try to Shine with Cotton Cloth, dip it a little in water, take some...
Does anyone know the difference by using a Goat or Yak Hair to brush the wax rather than a Horse Hair one? I confused that using goat/yak hair will produce a BETTER shine while (up until this time) from my experience the key is in the Buff process/technique  
Hi, I'm a newcomer in this Forum, hope I could contribute   I began this shoe shining thing around half years ago. My main shoe to be shine was a Helix Schuc Moc Toe, age 20+ Years Old (Once used by my grandpa) I'm using standard Shoe Shining Steps   1. Brush all of the Dust & Dirt (Tool: Horsehair Brush special for Cleaning) 2. Apply Leather Conditioner/Mink Oil to Outsole & Use Edge Dresser (Tools: Howard Leather Conditioning Cream & local-made Edge...
Permisi (Bahasa Indonesia of Excuse Me)   Hello, My Name is Paskal Djajasoekarta from Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. My interest in this forum ranging between Dress Shoe (Shining Shoe esp) to Jeans/Leather Street Wear (Not Sneaker :p) It's nice to be in here, I hope we can discuss a lot of topics out there   Sincerely