or Connect

Posts by Mister Squishy

I came across an ancient tuxedo jacket this week. That tag does say 1933, right? The wool certainly has a different feel. I passed because of a tiny hole in the sleeve & the slight wear to the satin lapels (plus no pants to be found). I can go back if anyone knows what to do with such an item. Interesting to see nonetheless.      
Visited Nashville last week. Seemed picked over but I did come away with these.   RLX light gray wool.   Cucinelli shirt (first for me, finally).   Ancient AE Tom Dick & Harry model with old logo in good shape. Late '60s from what I gather.    
   Speaking of minds being blown...
Is this Hermes legit? It's gotta be. My first. Put out on a hook right in front of me today as I stood there. Hard to see, but it's covered in translucent/embroidered treble clefs.     What's this little suede thingy?  [[SPOILER]]  Crazy about that shooting. Has anyone ever been to that store? It's deep in the Chicago southside.
Would anyone happen to recognize this faded label? Made in Mexico, pants only, content feels like linen is involved.  RN54784 CA07510 comes up with Abboud & Valentino.     I also found this womens Pendleton jacket & matching skirt. There's no Woolmark tag, so I am looking at 1950s?       Many thanks from a learning thrifter.
They must come in pairs - another suede Lanvin.   My first Schott, woot woot. Giant Henry Poole. No pants anywhere. Grabbed it anyway to wipe my tears away while I cry over pinstriped orphans.
Strange lime green corduroy snap-button shirt-jacket. I've never seen this clear label. Do any SWD folks know if it's rare/ancient?  Not the current LBM stuff, but an older Lubiam 1911 with a kind of unique  orange check. Tom James Royal Classic in small herringbone charcoal. Made for "Jim McMahon." It's gotta be him, right?  [[SPOILER]]    
In the field, Chicago burbs, came across two Tom James royal classic suits with custom made tags for Jim McMahon. Do you think the odds are good that it's da bears?
In the field, Chicago burbs, came across two Tom James royal classic suits with custom made tags for Jim McMahon. Do you think the odds are good that it's da bears?
Full cashmere from Graham & Gunn in eggplant/aubergine (so, purple).  [[SPOILER]]    Herringbone tweedish Aquascutum with a great green & violet overcheck that makes for sloppy darting.  [[SPOILER]]     Oddity of my week. All I can guess about this rough tweed is that it might be Austrian military wear or some wicked alpenhorn garb. Might anyone be familiar with this?  [[SPOILER]]