or Connect

Posts by kayjaybee

Last update then I'll stop filling the thread with my issue...   Betty replied to my last email and informed me she read (or heard about) my posts on SF - she wasn't happy about it, I guess. Apparently there was some major confusion with the email attachments that led to the wrong color being assumed for the order, but she agreed to refund the MTO surcharge. Still not entirely happy but in the end Carmina came through with a resolution I can live with (thanks to the...
Agreed. I very much appreciate all the comments and suggestions from others on this thread. I have my fingers crossed that I can come to a resolution such as this with Carmina soon.
FIRST EMAIL - ORIGINAL ORDER  LATER IN THE CHAIN (START FROM THE BOTTOM)...  Notice I reference the cognac SHELL picture I included previously. This is clearly more BROWN than the calf version they offer. FINISHED SHOES   In my opinion, there isn't much brown, it's more orange. Betty's final suggestion was to use medium brown creme to get a mid brown or dark brown creme if I wanted something darker. I'll never get a rich brown with a base like that (IMO). *SHAKES FIST IN...
 I emailed the order directly to Betty. I've ordered through her in the past and understand the language barrier. But I clearly stated brown burnished as the color and sent some sample pictures. I followed up with her after about 8 weeks as I didn't hear any updates and sent another picture as well as stating I definitely wanted BROWN, not cuero. She mentioned cuero in a reply to me at that time so I anticipated this happening but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. I...
Just received an MTO pair from Carmina and it's not the color I requested - they made them with cuero vs brown calf. Anyone ever have this type of thing happen? I emailed Betty to get my options to fix but I'm a bit concerned getting the problem fixed will be a battle. Would love some feedback. Will post some pics as soon as I can.   TIA.
 I've sent a pair to be resoled with JRs and they are squared around the entire shoe. I understand your point as I like that too, but the JR soles are fantastic and look great. IMO, on my Simpon-last PTBs the waist looks even sexier with the JR sole because it has a more dramatic slope from front to back.
For sale is a lightly worn pair of Carmina plain toe derby shoes. Shoes have been worn 7-10 times max. Specs are as follows...   Maker: Carmina Last: Simpson Color: Black Size: 9.5UK   Includes: Shoes, Woodlore combination shoe trees, Shoe bags, Original box   Price: SOLD   NOTE: As seen in the last picture, the left shoe has some creases in the vamp due to my left foot being smaller than my right. Right shoe has no creases.
For sale are seven Chipp2 grenadine ties. All ties (except rust and forest green) are versions from when you had to request the grenadines via email and not the retails site. See below for condition and prices...   All ties are 59" long and 3.25" wide.   1. Black - SOLD - worn once, has a pull about 19.5 inches from the tip http://www.chippneckwear.com/black-grenadine-tie/   2. Navy - SOLD - worn once or twice, has a pull about 15.5 inches from the...
For sale is a Hober Burnt Orange & Off-White on Navy Blue Pattern Challis Wool Tie #2. Tie is brand new and was never worn. Specs of the tie... Length:  59 inches Width:  3.5 inches Construction:  6-fold Price: SOLD Burnt Orange & Off-White on Navy Blue Pattern Challis Wool Tie #2 https://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-challis-patterned-wool-ties/burnt-orange-and-off-white-on-navy-blue-pattern-challis-wool-tie-2.html
For sale is a Hober Midnight Blue & White Stripe On Red Grenadine Tie #16. Tie is brand new and was never worn. Specs of the tie... Length:  59 inches Width:  3.5 inches Construction:  4-fold Price: SOLD Midnight Blue & White Stripe On Red Grenadine Tie #16 https://www.samhober.com/grenadine-grossa-stripe-silk-ties/midnight-blue-and-white-stripe-on-red-grenadine-tie-16.html