or Connect

Posts by Lorcan7

there's often a few pairs of vans x eg on yahoo japan auctions.  Very overpriced iirc, but if you are really really desperate and they have your size.  Otherwise I'm sure Nepenthes NY will get another drop eventually.
 Pretty sure dude is referring to the 'coverall jacket' ie this: (fw13)(new fw14 version) Having said that EG are doing an all-in-one thing this season - waders.  Haven't seen pictures of the waders outside of the lookbook though:    there's also a jumpsuit thing for Spring/Summer 2015 which looks pretty awesome:   Incidentally I read in an old post on Takeshi Ohfuchi's (Post O'alls designer) blog that calling a chore coat or railroad jacket a "coverall" is a japanese...
 Thanks! Got it on Ebay.  There are loads of them on there, just search like "vietnam jungle jacket" or something.  I sized down one as they fit big like a lot of old military stuff.
 I think MH in Japan is different from MH in the west, I think they probably re-cut it for the Japanese market, I think some of it is even made in Japan or used to be.  The brand is also majority owned by a Japanese company apparently:http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/03/margaret-howell-says-keep-much-control-design-possible.html
Post O'alls looks a good fit @mbaum   I'm not sure about the Kapital shirt + scarf there (much as I love kapital) - maybe a white shirt/tee or a deeper indigo colored one would look good?  And the green and yellow of the scarf maybe distracts from the many shades of blue theme.  I like the idea though, very Junya SS15.
Haven't posted a fit in a while but thought it might be fun to show off my semi-fail diy project.  Of which details here       Moscot shades vintage milsurp / not quite as intended diy overdye uu tee big john jeans that need hemming vans
So I got a vintage miltary jacket with the intention of overdyeing it.  Basically I've been wanting a visvim kilgore / wtaps jungle jacket / post overalls bdu jacket and thought it might be a fun, cheap experiment to play around with an original first.  It is a 3rd pattern jungle jacket in ERDL camo. The tag with DSA number fell off so I don't know precisely what year it is.  Robert Duvall's Napalm sniffing Lt. Colonel Kilgore (for whom the Visvim version is named) wears...
^ Is that the Cabourn heavy ecru linen shirt-jacket thingy?  If so that seems like a nice piece.  Maybe slightly boxy, but I think it looks pretty good on the model at Trunk who is about your build notwithit, if I'm not mistaken.
 Japanese stores tend to get deliveries in before anywhere else so people often post pictures from them on here.  Shops in North America / Europe will be getting fall/winter stuff in over the next few weeks. If there's something in particular you are after (ie. the belted cardigan) you can try emailing Nepenthes NY direct and ask them which stores will be carrying it and they can often tell you. Also, full list of stockists here
*wipes away drool*   uhh wow